We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

All Round Renovation

https://www.gokayfitness.com/3-months-body-transformation

www.advancedpainters.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Which pubs, bars, restaurants and take-aways do you avoid?
messagePlans to make microchipping of cats obligatory - excellent for reuniting lost/injured cats w/ owners
Posted by IlonaM January 02, 12:28PM

messageRe: Plans to make microchipping of cats obligatory - excellent for reuniting lost/injured cats w/ owners
Posted by Blah Blah January 02, 02:13PM

I would imagine most responsible cat owners already do chip their cats, but chipping is no guarantee that a cat will be returned (we've had three chipped cats go missing over the last 10 years that were never returned). Who is going to go around the country checking cat owners cats anyway? I can't see councils collecting owners cats for chipping either. Most dog charities regularly have free chipping days and that seems to be the most effective way of increasing chip rates. A similar scheme for cats seems like the best course of action. I think the RSPCA do already offer this with their low cost inoculation scheme. Other charities offer free chipping with low cost neutering.

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum