seeking free space 6.30-9pm 28th Jan 2020

jspencerkeyse

Hey all... wondering if anyone can help me!

I?m currently embarking on a 6 month Learning Marathon with a London-based learning organisation called Enrol Yourself. A transformative learning experience set up as alternative adult education.

https://www.enrolyourself.com/

The idea is that 12 people commit to focusing on a learning question, which could be personal, professional or societal and often evolves. For example, my question began as How can I support humanity's learning at the personal, place-based and planetary levels but I'm currently now focusing on how can I develop an adult playgroup? We go through three phases over the 6 months: explore, develop and showcase (where we put on an event for the public who can the experience and see what we've been up to!).

During the Learning Marathon we meet every week with our cohort (bi weekly sessions with our buddy for one-to-one peer support and bi weekly to facilitate a workshop based on our question and for the benefit of the group). We have to organise our own space for this time which must be free to use.

Unfortunately, my space fell through for Tuesday 28th January, when I will be running a session 6.30-9pm trialling my first adult playgroup for the cohort (unfortunately we can't invite others into this space otherwise I'd open it up to yourself but if I run it in the future I'd be happy to offer a discount for your kindness!). I wondered if anyone in East Dulwich could offer me a space for this time :D In return I could offer my skills, such as a learning coach or research or volunteering etc.

The structure for this session is around introducing the place of play as an adult and what it is, moving into a show and tell exercise to explore how we connected to play when we were younger, how this felt and what it meant to us v.s how we play now, how this feels and what it means to us. I will end the workshop with a reflection and a short playful closing exercise.

At a minimum this session requires a space for 12 people to sit in circle with each other, I'll ask people to bring in toys or pictures of toys if they have them. People will also likely snack throughout as it is over dinner time. We would leave the space, of course, in the condition we found it. If possible, it could also be nice that the space we use has access to a projector/ screen to play a quiz like game on play but it isn't necessary. Additionally, if there was space to heat up food we could bring into the space that would also be nice but again, not necessary.

Any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask!!

Thanks so much for your help and taking the time to consider this.

Jess

• 2 weeks later...