Radio shows

malumbu

Hopefully a harmless thread. Why is Gideon Coe so good? Also enjoy Robert Elms on Radio London. Dip in and out of Radio 4. Not a fan of much of the commercial radio stuff. Last time we tuned into Capital it was when Jono did the morning show - although a quick Google suggests he never did so I must of been on a substance. Five can be OK at times but annoying other times. Past point of no return on Radio 1, tuned to BBC Asian once by mistake and that was good but not sure about schedules. Tom Robinson, Stuart Marconie, and Cerys, Radcliffe (less so since moved) and La other faves. Get a double helping of Cerys on Sundays! The Monday night tea time comedy on 4 is always excellent.

Wow, I thought this might get a little more interest. Surely East Dulwich does listen to the radio in one way or another. Half the comedians on Radio 4 live somewhere around here. I even chuck in a red herring but nobody bites on that - I think Jono was on GLR before Paul Ross started to do the breakfast show.

A nice distraction in a difficult week.

Radio 6Music is good but a little "in" at times. R2 has good presenters but not all are to everyone's taste. There's variety and diversity on World Service - not just news but science, arts, religion etc. I never listen to commercial as I don't feel the need but some foreign stations, like RTE are good in parts. Depends on what you like but there is lots of choice on the airwaves, not just BBC/Capital/etc.

As a student on a drunk Saturday night we'd tune into Radio Moscow telling us all about how much better things were in the Soviet bloc, and no doubt insulting us bourgeois pigs in the West. Wonder what happened to the presenters.

Here's a later clip

• 1 month later...

malumbu Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Wow, I thought this might get a little more

> interest. Surely East Dulwich does listen to the

> radio in one way or another.

I don't! I'm sure I can't be the only one!

Sue, I think this is probably the most pointless post that I have ever seen on EDF. And you do some pretty pointless posts. Perhaps think in future 'do I have anything useful to add'. You will find that you will become a happier and more fulfilled person.

Sue Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> malumbu Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Wow, I thought this might get a little more

> > interest. Surely East Dulwich does listen to

> the

> > radio in one way or another.

>

>

> I don't! I'm sure I can't be the only one!

You said "Surely East Dulwich does listen to the radio ...."

I responded.

This is a forum.

If you don't like my posts, just ignore them, like I do most of yours.

And I'm quite happy and fulfilled, but thanks so much for your concern :)) :)) :))