Asking for some friendly feline advice

Pedro Rey

Hello all, I'm wondering if anyone can help.

A change in circumstances means my niece is having to move house in a couple of weeks and isn't able to take her cat Lotty with her. As such, she's looking to re-home her and is, unsurprisingly, keen that she goes to a kind and caring home. I've chatted with the Neighbourhood Vet who, besides recommending the usual places to approach (Celia Hammond, Cat Protection etc') suggested putting something up on the forum to see if anyone can recommend any other routes to explore. The situation's made more difficult by the fact that Lotty's semi-feral, due to being taken too young from her mother. We would take her ourselves but we already have four cats, which is a) plenty and b) potentially difficult, as they might not get on.

Is anyone aware of any other options we could look at, or of anyone who'd make a kind and patient owner?

Cheers,

Pete

Don't got to Battersea. Animals have a limited life there if they are not rehomed. Only Celia Hammond and the Cats Protection League never euthanize healthy animals. And I would say they are your best bet as they vet all new homes and try to match cats with the right people. A semi feral cat is never going to suit someone who wants a lot of attention from their pet. So you are looking for a specific kind of home.

I got a cat via internet I was vetted and they came around to see my place

The lady was moving abroad and her cat was 5 years old her only option would have been a cat home but sadly as most only want kittens from there he could have been there forever

I was not allowed to have a cat from animal shelter as I live in a flat even though I've had indoor cats all my life and have a large flat so my only other option was to go to let shop which I disagree with yes there are nasty breeder's on internet but there are nice people

I would have taken the cat in myself but mine is 15 now so to old for another little friend sadly