Ivy House owned by trust fund hippies?

katesonic

Hello Peckman,

When this pub was struggling in the 1990's I was head of Art and Media for the youth service.

I negotiated with the land lord to open it up for under 18 nights.

Many of the young local bands were able to perform there.

There were quees around the block with young people wanting to see local young bands perform.

Now it's a closed shop.

Staff have been compromised....

Need I say more?

K.

WTF?

A lot of people put a lot of time and effort into saving The Ivy House from becoming flats.

I have community shares in it. I run music gigs there.

Lots of community things happen there.Lots of families and kids go there.

Please explain what you are on about.

Do you know anything about The Ivy House? Maybe you should have a look at its website:

https://www.ivyhousenunhead.com/

ETA: their website is currently in a strange shape because their server recently went down and a lot of data was lost. I'm sure they would appreciate it if anybody can offer any help with that!

The Ivy House is having an open day soon.

Maybe you should go, katesonic.

https://www.facebook.com/105277386183305/posts/2981024535275228/

You could find out what being a community pub is all about, and help shape its future direction.

Meanwhile, perhaps you could share with us all exactly what you mean by your comments above referring to a brothel.

You said: "My concern is that a local community resource has become little more than a 'brothel' of an evening.

Judging by the way certain staff 'are' appreciated."

As a community shareholder, I would like to know exactly what you mean by that, please. Thanks.

alice Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Wasn?t there a very good reason why the under 18

> nights were stopped

Under 18s are certainly not allowed in the pub now after 8pm, due to licensing restrictions.

Why?

Why are under 18's excluded from using the venue?

You and your feckin licensing laws. 8pm?

No Booze you choose?

Local Parents will have appreciated in the past when teens have gigged there (professionally) and gone on to play at festivals...

Surely that can happen again?

This is what I mean this venue is just for trust fund hippies.

K.

katesonic Wrote:

> Why?

>

> Why are under 18's excluded from using the venue?

>

>

> You and your feckin licensing laws. 8pm?

>

> No Booze you choose?

>

> Local Parents will have appreciated in the past

> when teens have gigged there (professionally) and

> gone on to play at festivals...

>

> Surely that can happen again?

>

> This is what I mean this venue is just for trust

> fund hippies.

>

> K.

Maybe you should just stop talking. You are making yourself look a fool.

Share facts instead of rolling out silly unfounded comments.

It is not the pubs decision regarding under 18?s. All pubs are subject to these rules. If they breach this they are in danger of losing their licence. Every pub in the area have this clause. Given how blooming tough it is to run a pub with the incredibly ever increasing overheads I am sure they would love the opportunity to make more money with under 18 nights but it is not an option they can pursue.

As someone else said - look at the history of this pub please

Hi katesonic, no trust fund here, although I'll admit to liking a bit of folk music...The pub is owned by the community, not individuals - it's a Community Benefit Society. If you come along to our Community Open Day on 7th March, you can find out more about how we're run, and how people can get involved. All welcome - we want to make sure that local people shape what we do.

https://www.facebook.com/105277386183305/posts/2981024535275228/

I'm afraid I don't follow your comments about the staff. Please can you pm me if there is something specific you would like to raise. Or of course come and chat to us on the 7th.

katesonic Wrote:

> Why?

>

> Why are under 18's excluded from using the venue?

>

>

> You and your feckin licensing laws. 8pm?

>

> No Booze you choose?

>

> Local Parents will have appreciated in the past

> when teens have gigged there (professionally) and

> gone on to play at festivals...

>

> Surely that can happen again?

>

> This is what I mean this venue is just for trust

> fund hippies.

> K

"Trust fund Hippies"? " Brothel"? What nonsense.

Had to Google Trust Fundy Hippy as I hadn't a fc what it meant. "Living a decadent life filled with exotic drugs, music festivals and Daddy's credit card, the trust fund hippy leads quite a lavish existence. A delusional breed of trust fund babies inspired by ideals of free-love, artistic expression and environmental conservatism, these particularly abhorrent hypocrites usually amount to nothing more than lazy acid-loving potheads who refuse to to recognize their place in society as cash-cows for largely unoriginal music acts fueled by new age technology, massively oversized speakers and lightshows so over-the-top and spectacular that the true hippies of the '60's and '70's probably would have enlisted in 'Nam just to see them set to Pink Floyd. "

Well FM, I don't recognise anyone like that.

So a group of well meaning locals helped to save a lovely pub. Go to the site of the Forest Hill Hotel that Antic turned into flats and see how it would have gone otherwise. It aint perfect and it aint my favourite pub. But FFS what a stupid thread.

I've sworn more times on social media in this post than I have done in total in the past.

PS I used to love the old Crystal Palace Tavern, and the amateur quiz. There was a brothel over the road. Before the Trust Fund hippies took over.