We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

www.takeflightacademy.co.uk

www.stevenvaughan.co.uk

All Round Renovation

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Which pubs, bars, restaurants and take-aways do you avoid?
messageShark vacuum
Posted by Rosetta March 01, 01:44PM

Iím looking for opinions on these. Do you have one, which one and pros and cons....

messageRe: Shark vacuum
Posted by Spartacus March 02, 08:30AM

Obviously a device designed for use in a sharknado. The one with the widest nozzle to catch the biggest sharks is my recommendation 😂

Posted by JohnL March 02, 11:02AM

Trustpilot reviews are very hit and miss - difficult to say reading them. I notice no replies to the comments.

[uk.trustpilot.com]

Posted by Sue March 02, 03:29PM

Judging by comments I have seen online, some people say Sharks are wonderful, some say Dysons are wonderful, some say Sharks are rubbish, some say Dysons are rubbish.

Have you looked at the Which reviews? Funnily enough I've got a load of stuff in front of me at the mo, because I'm toying with the idea of getting a cordless vacuum, and I see that Which does compare the two (though not necessarily the models you are looking at, I guess).

Posted by GrayFox March 11, 08:42AM

I would recommend asking at various local shops. I would say that both Dyson and Shark are nice, though Sharks aren't so popular, in my opinion. As for the reviews, here check this one on [robotsnavigator.com], hope it helps. Overall I would say that almost any Shark vacuum is lightweight, but that could also mean its fragile, the choice is up to you.

Posted by Townleygreen March 11, 02:55PM

According to Which? there's not much between Dyson ans Shark - except the price.

The best of each in their latest survey was
Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal 2 (£299) and the
Shark Lift Away True Pet NV601UKT (£184).
Even cheaper - and as good - was the AEG X Force VX6-2-CB-P (£99).

Posted by doogleflip March 11, 04:24PM

I got rid of my old vacuum cleaner because it was just gathering dust.

Posted by Sue March 11, 10:43PM

Which (and other reviews) found the Dyson V11 to be head and shoulders above any other cordless vacuum.

It is eye wateringly expensive, however it's presently on offer at both Dyson and John Lewis -£100 off. Still eye wateringly expensive though big grin

Posted by edcam March 12, 11:18AM

Don't buy Dyson. He's an arch Brexiteer and then he moved his company from the UK to Singapore.

Posted by Trinnydad March 25, 10:20AM

Townleygreen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> According to Which? there's not much between Dyson
> ans Shark - except the price.
>
> The best of each in their latest survey was
> Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal 2 (£299) and the
> Shark Lift Away True Pet NV601UKT (£184).
> Even cheaper - and as good - was the AEG X Force
> VX6-2-CB-P (£99).

All of these tests were done AFTER the EU imposed power restrictions on vacuum cleaners. The majority of vacuums since then are in the power range of 700-900watts so as to comply with the 80Db noise limit also. Previously the best vacuums were in the power of 1200 - 1500 watts.

Power generally equates to the strength of the suction provided, hence none of the latest models have seriously impaired performance compared to previously. Simply put they suck because they don't have enough suck.

Posted by dbboy March 25, 11:23AM

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum