Line cord error

Pugwash

Our landline has gone down -and phone is showing the above message. I have checked all the phones and sockets to ensure they are connecting but no change. Any ideas please what to do next as we rely on our landline as we have very basic PAYE phones. We are with BT.

2 of the phones are cordless handsets but sit in a plugged in console. 2 other phones are the old fashioned type. Hubby phoned BT who think it is our outside line which I do not believe is correct as I have internet connection ( they cannot come to us until Thursday), I did Google originally which told me to check sockets etc.

Pugwash Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> 2 of the phones are cordless handsets but sit in

> a plugged in console. 2 other phones are the old

> fashioned type. Hubby phoned BT who think it is

> our outside line which I do not believe is correct

> as I have internet connection ( they cannot come

> to us until Thursday), I did Google originally

> which told me to check sockets etc.

People who have reported Line Code Error say Broadband OK.

DulwichFox.

> Hubby phoned BT who think it is our outside line which

> I do not believe is correct as I have internet connection

That's quite consistent, and typical. As DF has I think said eleswhere, the voice and the internet signals use greatly different frequencies, so that your internet can be working while your voice line isn't.

If BT have done a line check and say that the fault is in the outside line, that's good news for you. No need to risk having an engineer in and entailing a hefty charge if they find that the fault is within the house. I dare say you'll find that the line fault will be remedied within a few days. The only other indoor test action I've seen recommended, apart from testing your phone in the master socket, is to try swapping in a different microfilter. But if it's an external problem, that's unlikely to make any difference.

Many thanks for info- still waiting for BT to give us approx. time for a visit on Thursday. Need to get my mobile topped up as having to tell family/friends not to ring landline. At least some of them are on email.

This Problem Can be caused by a faulty Micro-filter.

If you have a spare, try changing it. Otherwise, unplug your phone and the filter

from the main socket. Repeatedly plug in and unplug as this may clean any dirty contacts.

Also try powering down your Router for a few minutes 4-5 and power back up.

DulwichFox.