Grief

natty01295

Highly recommend hopping over to the other East Dulwich Forum on Facebook {friendly & active}. There are community groups in East Dulwich you can join, just ask for what's currently available, & find one that interests you, so you can meet like-minded people.

So sorry for your loss. It's tough I know. When my husband passed away I felt quite isolated as I had spent nearly 6 years caring for him which took up best part of my time. I was left with a feeling of complete emptiness. I was advised to seek counselling, which I did, and this helped me considerably. I found I had a need to talk about my man and my feelings but I didn't want to burden my friends with my woes. I joined an adult education class taking up art again, as I had always enjoyed painting. Doing something creative seems to concentrate the mind. Also gardening is good and there may be a gardening society near you. Sydenham Garden in Wynell Road, Forest Hill, welcomes volunteers. They have a website if you want to know more. I don't know where you're based but if you have a car it would be no problem to get to. I think there is a tennis club there too if you're of a more sporty nature. Sports clubs are always good to join even if you're only a social member. You can possibly help out with events and meet new people that way. I do hope you're able to find something that helps you to overcome your grief but it will take time.

katesonic Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> What if your love of books is what brought you

> together in the first place...

>

> Every page turned immerses one in grief...?

>

> Where is the solace in that?

>

> K.

Good grief.

katesonic Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> What if your love of books is what brought you

> together in the first place...

>

> Every page turned immerses one in grief...?

>

> Where is the solace in that?

>

> K.

I think that comment about joining a book group was aimed at Natty