Panic buying amnesty

malumbu

I thought that it would be useful to have a thread where people could fess up. Go on, most of you have been hording. Own up.

To show that I am not perfect either I though that I would start. I cycle to Lidl a couple of times or so a week to be tempted by the middle isle. I have my staples there too, where I can bask in the glory of saving a few hundred quid a year.

I buy cereal once a week, but bought a packet a few days early today. Naughty person. Also, not quite as bad, I like their dark chocolate digestives. But there were none today so I naughtily bought a packet of milk chocolate.

I would have got a tin of toms too, but there wasn't any so will have to go to the Turkish grocers on Forest Hill Road when I get the chance. No urgency.

ED can decided whether I am pardoned or not or what my penance could be.

No dried pasta today but some good news as their fresh gnocchi is back. Excellent - most of their fresh pasta isn't great. Trouble is there will be none left when I go back later in the week as I expect many of you will rush out now I have alerted you. I expect to see profiteering on eBay later.

I have one large "bag for life" full of cans, dried stuff, cereal bars, etc. It is stored out of the way, and should keep us going for a week or so. To be used in emergency, if we're all sick.

Depending on the events of the next week, I may consider doubling it. But I doubt that will be necessary.

Clutterqueen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It was the way you spelt 'hoarding' for me in your

> first post that unsettled things for me.

And your point is? A typographical error is more important than discussing a serious issue? Do you have any deeper views that you would like to share?

Well on the positive I have a pointless answer for the game show - Hording is defined as forming or gathering in a large moving group