M&S?

BestBeast

Ok, so definitely not essential, so didn't want to post in the important Covid thread, but I need to get a few basics tomorrow and wanted to avoid Sainsburys as it is DEPRESSING.

Well ok. Admitted. I NEED M&S chocolate eggs. I cannot cope with next week home school schedule and my new pre school/toddler crafty-ness without M&S chocolate eggs.

Lordship lane store is my closest M&S. We're off to the park very early tomorrow and I was going to pop in.

Is this madness? Does an air of apocalypse hang over trusty M&S? Will I succeed in my chocolate egg mission?

Or should I avoid?

mancity, I walked past M%&S at 0830 today and the queue was almost to the post office, though spread out 2m, so only a dozen or so people.

When I walked back past at 0900 (when I think it opens) the queue went way past the bus stop, as did PO queue too.

If that helps.

Lordship Lane was just one long queue today. The queue for William Rose was down to ESPH and it was hard to tell whether the M&S queue went all the way down to East Dulwich Grove or whether it was queues for different shops.

M&S at the station has plenty of Easter goodies in stock though.

Then very early Rye Lane remains a safer option. V small well- spaced queue at Asda with control on numbers entering. Long queue at Morrisons but equally well-spaced and controlled and actually fast-moving into and through shop. Shops like Khans and Harts Irish butchers v well-stocked and minimal human traffic.

Popped into my local newsagents this morning, opposite Dulwich Library. Well, popped in and popped out again. No social distancing whatsoever. I appreciate it's a small shop but please put some markings down so that idiots understand what social distancing is. Same with the local supermarket opposite the library, no social distancing whatsoever. I left both shops as soon as I saw it.

Lindylou - You, like me and all of us, have a responsibility to speak to the business in question about this. If managers are not interested in following best practice it?s highly unlikely they?ll do anything if people badmouth them online. I get that you?re warning us - thanks - but there?s no room for awkwardness when lives and livelihoods are at stake. If it?s too much to do there and then find their number and give them a ring.

Spider69 - I can only speak for opening time on Rye Lane. Relatively few people and, in the main, being ok about distance. Like anywhere, there are inevitably people who don't respect the distance but I put the onus on myself to step away. Might be annoying and take me a bit longer but I feel safer doing so rather than arguing the toss. Felt perfectly fine this morning but I hear it got much busier later on.