Fund rise for 60yo cleaner Christina

Dulwich handy

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/< Blacklisted Link - Please report if you see this message >?utm_term=3yey7WY9D

Trying to find some ? for lovely Christina

Self employed cleaner who got sick with coronavirus and now stuck at home with no funds ...

No clients

No help from government

If you want to help

Follow the link above

And top donators will get my Paintings

"< Blacklisted Link - Please report if you see this message >" Instagram

Please help and I will give away my work to people who have big heart

Thank you for the first donation ...

( in reply to the above

- I pay as normal ...

And 5 other clients do

There is no such thing like help for self employed as it is when you're an employee yet ...

Direct gov will pay ...

In June!

What about

April

May

And if we self employed person survive till the end of June then hurray! )

--- just trying to help!

And I've spent some time googling and trying to apply as it was me

- income support for self employed ...

Can't apply now

You have to be invited

Cash lump payable to who applies in June!!.

This is stupid as I've tried to find out

1 "why doesn't she claim benefits"

2 some people are too good to claim

They rather work and won't cry about stuff

(And some of us see and acknowledge that they try ...

And we try to help even if they don't ask...)

People dying

Some ask for help some don't

- pride is the word ..??!@

What I'm trying to achieve is see if ?5 donation from "middle class" Is too much to keep the working class going till it's all good to go again ...

Assuming she makes more per year than the ?12500 tax free threshold, then given that it is the end of the tax year this week, can she not use the money she no doubt has set aside to pay her self-assessment tax (which the governmentt have deferred for this year)?

TheCat Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Assuming she makes more per year than the ?12500

> tax free threshold, then given that it is the end

> of the tax year this week, can she not use the

> money she no doubt has set aside to pay her

> self-assessment tax (which the governmentt have

> deferred for this year)?

Not everyone pays at the end of the tax year, my self-assessment tax bill is due at the end of Jan each year...

TheCat Wrote:

> Assuming she makes more per year than the ?12500

> tax free threshold, then given that it is the end

> of the tax year this week, can she not use the

> money she no doubt has set aside to pay her

> self-assessment tax (which the governmentt have

> deferred for this year)?

You are seriously trying to say that People with income of 12500p/a should be saving ?

Or able to save ...

Are you able to save from 12500 ?!

How old are you ?!

13 and mom is making your breakfast now ?!

Stop it !!

Assuming she is making 12500

As stupid moms boy mentioned earlier

She must have saved a fortune by now now ...

If she was 6 not 60yo

My head is boiling

As I rent myself and 12500

Doesn't cover annual rent

So you must be relying on your mum's breakfast lunch and dinner ...

Free b&b and she does wash your pooped undies I assume

Not all of us are privileged to live with mom and dad ....

Some adults do face bills other than tax out of 12500....

Adults (non house owners) have to pay ...

Call it 12500 (top up so rent is paid )

Council

Electricity

Gas

Water

Tv licence

Travel cost

Mobile

Broadband

Work materials

(Tax as you've mentioned )

Food

Some clothes

Maybe a drink or a smoke ...

Surely ?12.5k will still leave room to save !

D**** boy grow up

Not everyone gets free travel , food , roof over head etc ...

You're off school now so keep reading

People lost income on top of health

(Grown up stuff)...

No stupid comments please

(Yes maybe half of us are self employed...

Yes maybe 50% are not home owners

Yes most of us are adults typing here

And yes we cannot work - most...

So most of us are f***ed ...

Tread is not about what she has

She could have or will have

But about helping people who maybe will be helped by government however not as yet ...

This post is about person who surely makes more than 13k pocket money as many adults do but not as privileged as employed people are at this difficult time

Or non employed benefit suckers ...

This post is about donating flipping fiver to this one affected by stupid system and illness individual who worked hard to survive and who is no longer entitled to work due to law and sickness ....

(Many can relate yet this post is about her)

Thats a special rant.....

All i'll say that paying tax on income you make above the tax free threshold is not an optional extra. It's a legal requirement.

It gets paid so that at times when people are in need of social security, like now, that those costs are least partially offset.

I'm not suggesting she doesn't have it tough. But, as someone else has asked above, why doesn't she qualify for benefits? There are people who slip through the system for sure, but if the answer is (as you've suggested above)that she's 'too proud'; then I'm guesing she'll be horrified at her name being pinned to a public cry for charity as you've done on this forum.

Anyway got to run, my mum has cooked me up some goji-berry and lavender pancakes.....

I think with these sorts of things (as I realised when I commented on an earlier thread asking for volunteers in a local convenience store), they are probably well intentioned, and people should probably just decide for themselves whether they want to take part, rather than arguing about it.

siousxiesue Wrote:

> Why doesn't she qualify for benefits?

I reckon the reason why builders are being allowed to carry on is because a lot of them are paid cash in hand, there is no record of them on the UK systems...does Christina fall into that category- all the cleaners I've ever met get cash in hand

No ...

She works legally

Invoicing work

Contribute towards her pension

Not everyone who is not a payee is a crook who wants to dodge the law ...

This is why I decided to stick my nose in ...

The truth is that we do talk a lot and she is a lovely person

Told me that she's been saving for her dream car ...

And one day over new year she bought it ...

Brand new

(Doesn't matter what is it but she said she's been saving for 10 years so ...

Forgive me but she doesn't do the national minimum!She just sacrificed a lot to put all the penny's together so she can have her bright sky blue ☆SHIP ....

AND she bought it ...

After 6 years of great relationship between us I saw her scrapping her old winky for and come in a brand new car of her dream ...

Just to find out that all her savings went sideways to 3 months after she got what she was saving for all these years ...

Feels good to see her happy driving dream car after 40 years of hard work however I think I'd feel deflated myself knowing that now there is no work untill whenever and all the money is gone ! ...

Bitter sweet story thatch want to get involved with ...

Know for fact that she said she is not a benefit person and that's why she works at 60 instead of playing within the rules that others abuse ...

Respectable 10 out of 10 friend , help and more !