Where to get Southwark gardening bags during lockdown?

viridescent

You have to get them from the Council itself I think. Since they brought in the brown bin charge they also charge for the bags, and take them away (collection not charged). It's all pretty reasonable (IMO) although not as convenient as collection from the library (when open!).

In Red Post Hill North Dulwich they've removed all the brown bins! But I can't see any mention on Southwark website about this, and at this time of year (especially in current circumstance) there is a lot of garden waste to deal with.

I will try ordering bags, but if they've removed the bins I guess they won't be collecting garden refuse?

I booked a garden bag collection a month ago and it hasn't happened. Anyone know what the expected waiting time is? Or has anyone had a successful collection recently?

Took me about 3 months and various complaints to actually get the bags delivered, would be nice not to have to go through the same to get them picked up :(

Not going to push it right now though if it is just delayed due to all the disruption. But paper bags sitting outside in all weather is not ideal, I'm worried by the time they do get picked up they will just disintegrate!

katanita Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I booked a garden bag collection a month ago and

> it hasn't happened. Anyone know what the expected

> waiting time is? Or has anyone had a successful

> collection recently?

>

> Took me about 3 months and various complaints to

> actually get the bags delivered, would be nice not

> to have to go through the same to get them picked

> up :(

>

> Not going to push it right now though if it is

> just delayed due to all the disruption. But paper

> bags sitting outside in all weather is not ideal,

> I'm worried by the time they do get picked up they

> will just disintegrate!

Oh the horror ffs

• 2 months later...

Thanks you very much, James. I've been on Southwark's impenetrable site for about 30 minutes trying to order replacement garden bags, and none of the pages ever let me actually order any. Just go round in circles.

But your link worked first time

sjsl Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> In Red Post Hill North Dulwich they've removed all

> the brown bins! But I can't see any mention on

> Southwark website about this, and at this time of

> year (especially in current circumstance) there is

> a lot of garden waste to deal with.

> I will try ordering bags, but if they've removed

> the bins I guess they won't be collecting garden

> refuse?

Do you mean they removed bins that had been paid for?