Prime Minister moved to Intensive Care - non political

dbboy

Watching the BBC News it really is clear just how dangerous and serious the situation is.

Our NHS workers are putting themselves in Real danger. Exposing themselves to exposure to this Virus.

Many people Still all but ignoring keeping a safe distance from other people.

I believe the government need to BAN people jogging. Running past people Panting and Breathing Heavily.

It's ridiculous.

I really cannot see an end to this. I really cannot see a time when we will be having a beer in the pub

or enjoying a meal in our favourite restaurant.

I cannot see how Pubs, Bars and Restaurants can survive this. Anywhere where people congregate on mass.

DulwichFox

DulwichFox Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I have always been a Labour Man but I like Boris.

>

> He is Funny.

>

> I sincerely wish him well and hope he pulls

> through.

>

> DulwichFox.

I wish him well indeed... but he's not funny ffs

He's got a deputy and a cabinet who can run the country in his absence. I've been looking a lot at Churchill who had a cross party inner circle during the war and had his own physical and mental health issues. BJ's of course in the best place and few people wish him ill in this situation. I was perplexed about the 'need to work' over recent days when he was clearly quite poorly.

Learning more about this virus - I really didn't know we should rest however obvious it sounds. I thought working from home was enough (if anything bosses keep us under more scrutiny when WFH)

Best wishes to Boris as well.

I wish him well too - I hope like everyone else - that he gets through this soon. He hasn?t looked well and kept going...

Just seen on Sky that they are saying there is a clap for boris tonight..apparently trending on twitter, not that I have an account to see etc..

If he recovers, I hope it's of some use to the country, like he has increased awareness for other people's hardships, begins to understand people are different but fundamentally should be regarded equal, recognises that inflammatory language can cascade to the street and cause problems for minorities, and can change his behaviours and language to reflect that.

KidKruger Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> If he recovers, I hope it's of some use to the

> country, like he has increased awareness for other

> people's hardships, begins to understand people

> are different but fundamentally should be regarded

> equal, recognises that inflammatory language can

> cascade to the street and cause problems for

> minorities, and can change his behaviours and

> language to reflect that.

He probably will for a while, applaud the doctors, nurses and everyone else who pulled together. Then revert back to the same old johnson

I'm not a massive fan of Boris, but I've grown fonder of him purely on the basis of how much he gets up the noses of bien pensants types of the white metropolitan middle class. He must be doing something right.

Getting up the noses of [insert cliched and confected homogenous bunch) VS arrogant leadership discarding advice, help and evidence from other countries which will mean more people likely to die in this country compared to neighbours?

it's a toughie for sure

A bizarre bit of logic, that is like saying I quite like Hitler as he p'd off Germany's liberal intellectual types. I doubt if BJ is that popular with some other racial groups, as well as some other sectors of society judging by his use of terms such as picanniny, letterbox and bumboy. If I'd used such terms in my work place, no matter how much I was intending to be satirical, I'd be in a lot of bother.

As for him 'deserving it', nobody deserves serious harm and that was foolish to say the least. Whether he could have prevented it by better/earlier social distancing will come out in the wash but probably no worse than the celebs and sports stars catching it at the Cheltenham races.

As for my sympathies very much with key workers/front line workers.

Unfortunately just one unknown Councillor saying it will make headlines.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1266342/Labour-Party-news-Boris-Johnson-health-coronavirus-latest-Labour-councillor

also need to be careful what we retweet on twitter these days because people still seem to state untruths.

https://www.nursingtimes.net/news/coronavirus/health-board-slams-tweet-that-falsely-claimed-nurses-had-died-07-04-2020/

KidKruger, it was the article that Uncle posted about a Derbyshire Councillor - she said he deserved to die.

My earlier post was mainly banter but just shocked by Laura Kuenssberg on the Beeb, "Nearly a 1000 people died over the last 24 hours, but hey ho good news the Prime Minister is recovering". How insensitive.

I think the media played Charie Boy and Covid-19 well, The heir to the throne that is. It was modestly reported. I'll let Twitter and hopefully some complaints to the BBC make my point further.