Queues

paulu197

If someone in a queue is oblivious to the line moving due to being on their phone, is it ok to take their place? Asking for a friend. Also if people used the width of the car space as two metres, the queue will be sgortee

Rather than taking their place, try the English language, it's a handy tool - and free !!

Examples:

1. "Excuse me, you may want to shuffle up a bit as the queue's finally moving !"

2. "Oy, lame-ass, get off Snapchat and move yourself forward. Now !"

3. "Let's get moving bro, the pancetta is running low and I won't compromise on my carbonara for tonight's dinner.."

4. "My dry cough is playing-up, *cough* *cough* *hack*, ooh look the queue's suddenly moving quickly (in both ways, away from me)".

See what fun you can have ?

Ok, how to deal with this one. Was roughly fourth in a queue outside a shop due to open. At the head of the queue was an empty shopping bag. Roughly 3 mins before shop due to open, car pulls up, chap gets out, picks up bag and takes place at head of queue.....

Pure genius

mancity68 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Ok, how to deal with this one. Was roughly fourth

> in a queue outside a shop due to open. At the head

> of the queue was an empty shopping bag. Roughly 3

> mins before shop due to open, car pulls up, chap

> gets out, picks up bag and takes place at head of

> queue.....

mancity68 Wrote:

> queue.....

Just pass the bag to the back- you can't 'save your place'....was he German? (towels on sun loungers in Spain at 5am)

Lucky you tomskip - hasn't been my experience in & around the area lately - today a 30ish female with the appearance & manners of a hag tried to bully her way into a queue outside Lloyds Pharmacy, wheezing and coughing both in the direction of us at the front of the queue and staff at the entrance and was still trying it on when I left. The staff there are fantastic so I really felt for them.

Not 5 mins after an alcohol abusing couple "all the way from the Old Kent Road" began abusing staff when told what they wanted wasn't in stock and had been generally unpleasant in the queue beforenand.

On Saturday, after waiting an hour to get in via a pretty well behaved queue, bar the ADD addled morons holding everyone up staring into their mindless socials, I can't even describe the beast as female, yet alone human drove up right outside the entrance at Sainsburys, walked with nary a grimace to the back of her brand new Mercedes, pulled out a crutch, then after a few steps miraculously developed a comical limp & tried to jump the queue. On being shown the sign for people with disabilities, the scumbag, after some arguing about "her rights" made a swift turn and marched back to her car, not skipping a beat.

A few days before outside Iceland in Peckham, there must've been 40+ people outside, had one lady in front of me when a scrawny piece of shite ran across the road and tried to push in front of me. Despite being called out by me, this stinking pile of excrement refused not only to observe any form of social distancing, but also to go to the back of the queue. Even tried the race card to the obviously exhausted security guard who eventually told him to get to the back of the queue.

The lines outside both Moxons and William Rose, neither of which I patronise were both long and full of people less than an arms distance apart, and with the all too familiar sight of people coughing into their hands with nary a surgical glove or mask in sight - utter madness. Hate to think my health is being compromised by such people in Goose Green, and patience being very sorely tested.

KidKruger Wrote:

> Rather than taking their place, try the English

> language, it's a handy tool - and free !!

>

> Examples:

> 1. "Excuse me, you may want to shuffle up a bit as the queue's finally moving !"

> 2. "Oy, lame-ass, get off Snapchat and move yourself forward. Now !"

> 3. "Let's get moving bro, the pancetta is running low and I won't compromise on my carbonara for

> tonight's dinner.."

> 4. "My dry cough is playing-up, *cough* *cough* *hack*, ooh look the queue's suddenly moving

> quickly (in both ways, away from me)".

>

> See what fun you can have ?

5. Alternatively say "if you don't move you cad I will start a thread on a community forum". That will show them.

Hours later and this one is still making me giggle!

mancity68 Wrote:

> queue.....

Police were watching the queue outside jade earlier this week .apparently some people were coming out of the shop ,with just a tea or coffee.police told shop staff.tea or coffee is not an essential.so anyone buying tea or coffee from now on must also buy food. with their drink.

If somebody upsets me in a queue I give them my best Paddington bear stare. That normally does the trick.

But as for queues SE22, oh my word you've been seriously outdone by one of the places you'd love to live in, Greenwich. On my cycle today, socially distancing myself as ever, I saw a mass of people on the river path. I thought quick, join the Greenwich Forum and start a thread 'hasn't anyone in Greenwich heard of the virus?'. But lo and behold, it was a ginormous queue for Waitrose. It was even longer than the queues, put together, for the Cheese Block and William Rose at Christmas. I think that the Museum of London may even do an exhibition based on this, similar to the fatberg. It reminded me of the 1979 Conservative poster campaign.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2010/mar/29/saatchi-saatchi-labour-tories

Interestingly enough you will also see that Tony Blair was case number one.

teddyboy23 Wrote:

> Police were watching the queue outside jade

> earlier this week .apparently some people were

> coming out of the shop ,with just a tea or

> coffee.police told shop staff.tea or coffee is not

> an essential.so anyone buying tea or coffee from

> now on must also buy food. with their drink.

I buy an essential item then add my supplementary items. Don't loiter outside either (although if these guys couldn't come up with a valid reason for being outside a shop I wonder what sort of imagination they have)

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/coronavirus-lockdown-breach-charge-northamptonshire-police-a4410141.html