Discarded PPE on the streets!!!

Art Deco Mark

On my way down to the post office this morning, I counted 14 (YES FOURTEEN) discarded LATEX GLOVES and 7 masks from Upland Road to the corner of Northcross Road and the High Street, either in the gutter or actually on the pavement. This is a shout out to those irresponsible idiots who think this is ok? It's amazing how the same people will probably 'bag and bin' what their dogs leave behind yet haven't got the common sense to bag and responsibly dispose of possibly LETHAL personal protective equipment. I saw a child pick up a glove and 'take it to mum' who was horrified and instantly wiped the childs hands with an antiseptic wipe!!! Here's also a shout out to the woman getting into her black BMW SUV parked along from M&S about 10:40am this morning who removed her mask and threw it into the road. She knows who she is. I am going out later this afternoon with a bin liner and garden 'grabbers' to clean up the ones I saw earlier.This is utterly unbelievable.

Whilst I completely agree that it is atrocious for people to discard used PPE like this, and am not for a minute excusing this, there seem to be very few bins provided in supermarket car parks, and also very few on the streets. We're told that gloves must be taken off carefully to avoid contaminating your hands, and that we must not touch the outside of masks. I keep a supply of plastic bags ready to put my used masks and gloves into, which I can tie up until I get home, but if people don't think to have a bag handy to put their used items into, I think it must be quite frustrating to know what to do with them when they have finished their shopping. Perhaps the answer would be for shops to make a supply of plastic bags available by checkouts so that people can take one to put their used PPE in?