Let us all celebrate the birth of Ava Florence Whitfield

Thunderblue600

Let us all celebrate the birth of Ava Florence Whitfield

Born 31st March at Kings College Hospital.

Pictured here with brother Archie, Mum Tory and Dad Ben.

On 8th April I was walking up Howbury Rd Nunhead and this sight of this lovely family with new born child just stopped me in my tracks.

Reminded me that despite the tragic losses, there are these wonderful uplifting glimmers of hope, what could be more heartwarming than a new born child.

Other people were stopping by at a safe distance, we were all smiling and congratulating the proud parents.

Despite the much reduced unit, the fabulous NHS team were able to safely deliver the baby.

I mentioned to the couple that it would be fab if I could take a couple of photos with the intention of sharing via Facebook, as I thought these images and the story would help uplift spirits.

They were delighted to accept my suggestion and want you all to know that the middle name Florence was chosen as recognition of all the wonderful NHS staff in the UK.

If you feel heartwarmed by this post please do share with your friends.

Extending big virtual hugs to everyone reading this post - tonight I hope we will all be clapping, banging saucepan lids, dancing on the street ( at a safe distance! ) not just for our NHS, Let's not forget all care home staff working right some with very makeshift ppe, social workers, teachers, pharmacies, the NHS volunteers & other community volunteers, transport staff, delivery staff, food shop and take-away staff, suppliers, street cleaners, council workers the list goes on...!