Dr Jennie Harries what a star

OLori

Normally I wouldn't be writing a post like this, however I think where credit is due, one should let it be known. Dr Jennie Harries seems to be the only voice of reason on the daily Coronavirus updates. I love how she breaks things down and has the ability to look at an issue from all perspectives and then speak about it in an accessible way. I especially loved how she spoke about unpacking how we look at ethnicity in relation to Covid-19 yesterday, a conversation which needs to be looked out through all lenses. She's bang on it!

Anyone else rate her?

Blah Blah Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Whilst she is highly qualified in the area of

> public health and epidemiology, it is still a

> government appointment, and there are going to be

> moments where she tows the government line on

> policy.

I think you mean 'toes' the government line....anyway- the government line is dictated by the science- as it should be!

> the government line is dictated by the science

There are a few points on which I'm not sure of your meaning ...

"the government line"

"the government line is dictated by"

"is dictated by"

"is dictated by the science"

"the science"

ianr Wrote:

> > the government line is dictated by the science

>

> There are a few points on which I'm not sure of

> your meaning ...

>

> "the government line"

> "the government line is dictated by"

> "is dictated by"

> "is dictated by the science"

> "the science"

You need to lay off the sauce- it plays havoc with the innate immune system!

Blah Blah Wrote:

> Whilst she is highly qualified in the area of

> public health and epidemiology, it is still a

> government appointment, and there are going to be

> moments where she tows the government line on

> policy.

She reached a level of competence, experience and professionalism which made her eminently qualified for appointment by government to the position she holds.

She has demonstrated her ability and justified her appointment by the manner in which she has presented the facts during these press conferences. She is not a political appointee as might be construed, rather she is an entirely capable and credible professional.

We can look at America and see highly qualified and intelligent experts standing right next to Trump, know that he is lying and they are doing and saying nothing

So any idea that just because someone is medically qualified, that alone should make them above criticism seems naive

Alan Medic Wrote:

> She said this:

>

> "The UK is an international exemplar in

> preparedness"

I guffawed when she came out with this one, but in a sense she's correct. The document prepared after the Cygnus exercise was indeed an example of excellent preparedness. In fact, so much so other countries followed it, and suffered less.

We didn't follow it. We didn't follow the recommendations.

• 2 weeks later...

seenbeen wrote above on 25 April:

-----------------

> ianr Wrote:

> -----------

> -----

> > the government line is dictated by the science

> >

> > There are a few points on which I'm not sure of

> > your meaning ...

> >

> > "the government line"

> > "the government line is dictated by"

> > "is dictated by"

> > "is dictated by the science"

> > "the science"

> You need to lay off the sauce- it plays

> havoc with the innate immune system!

Why did you say to me "You need to lay off the sauce"?

And how do you justify it?