Where have all the anxious post and posters gone?

malumbu

Sorry for the click bait title but I am genuinely interested on how much the level of posing on Coronavirus has gone down. A month of so ago I was being admonished for cycling during the lockdown and there were dozens of posts about irresponsible behaviours.

Was this level of posting a sign of great anxiety ie the need to go to social media?

Have many of you now decided we are no longer in a crisis?

How much of the government's message changed this opinion?

It's been easy to have a go at persistent offenders but I reckon many of us have now got sloppy with social distancing. "no body has got it in my street, therefore I am not going to catch it"

I'm very concerned about a second wave and it feels very counterproductive to drop our guard when there has been such a massive hit on our economy and way of life.

This is a serious/honest question not trying to provoke anyone.

I think we will see a rise again late summer autumn, in part normal pattern of lowered immunity but also creeping sloppiness re social distancing.

Think the latter is twofold, either A case of- most people I know haven?t had it so I?ll be ok (or they have but not badly enough to realise/ same difference) or me, my family and friends have probably all had it so now we are immune and don?t have to worry either.

If the numbers start to rise again you may see posts on C19 do the same.

I?m still as irritated by those who don?t behave responsibly (joggers being a particular pain in the arse) but I?ve already said all I need to say about it. Rest assured I?m still annoyed at a lot of people!

edcam Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I?m still as irritated by those who don?t behave

> responsibly (joggers being a particular pain in

> the arse) but I?ve already said all I need to say

> about it. Rest assured I?m still annoyed at a lot

> of people!

Same-I was walking up DKH and I heard visually in my ear someone say "excuse me" I turned and so close behind me she brushed my arm as she ran past was a young jogger-There was no traffic in the road and she could have moved to the edge of the pavement and not been literally right on my heel.

So annoying!

Thanks. My interest was what has happened to the numerous people posting a few weeks ago over their concerns. Are they no longer bothered? Have they now decided that it isn't going to happen to them? sorry doing this in a third person - it would be good to have first hand views.

My position

1. Early March - no need for lockdown

2. Mid March, I'm wrong we do need a lockdown

3. Subsequent weeks, lockdown does allow for sensible behaviour, including daily exercise. Why is everyone getting so irate about the minority misbehaving

4. Now. Still a need for social distancing, but the masses are no longer doing it.

We have the paradoxical situation that we are being preventing from getting close in shops, the workplace and the like yet happy to get close to family and neighbours. But then you could argue that risk from family and neighbours is so low compared to pubic transport and mass gatherings. Almost a Sweden situation.

One observation..

I now normally wear a Face Covering.. When approaching other people, they move into the road to avoid me..

On a few occasions I was not wearing a Face covering.. people simply passed me close by with NO

attempt to distance themselves..

Why is this ??

DulwichFox

malumbu Wrote:

> Thanks. My interest was what has happened to the

> numerous people posting a few weeks ago over their

> concerns. Are they no longer bothered? Have they

> now decided that it isn't going to happen to them?

> sorry doing this in a third person - it would be

> good to have first hand views.

>

> My position

>

> 1. Early March - no need for lockdown

> 2. Mid March, I'm wrong we do need a lockdown

> 3. Subsequent weeks, lockdown does allow for

> sensible behaviour, including daily exercise. Why

> is everyone getting so irate about the minority

> misbehaving

> 4. Now. Still a need for social distancing, but

> the masses are no longer doing it.

>

> We have the paradoxical situation that we are

> being preventing from getting close in shops, the

> workplace and the like yet happy to get close to

> family and neighbours. But then you could argue

> that risk from family and neighbours is so low

> compared to pubic transport and mass gatherings.

> Almost a Sweden situation.

Unfortunately your number 3 point about a minority misbehaving- a minority in a densely packed city is a LOT of people....in my experience as well- so much so that I can't bring myself to go out more than once a day for a walk and once a fortnight for essentials.

Because face covering is not much good at protecting yourself. Just stopping your germs spreading so much to other people. So if you are wearing a face mask people may well suppose that you have symptoms. Although of course if you do, you should not be out

I was presenting my personal views just to stimulate conversation on whether others have changed their mind and what has happened to the numerous people who used to post strong opinions. Not reopen old arguments.

I suspect that this website was a good place for people to go in the early days to vent frustration and worry at time when numbers were going up. Now that numbers are going down and they have had no close contact with anyone who had it perhaps people feel no need to go to social media anymore.

But I may be wrong. Very interested whether the BC1C2 have changes their views. People aren't hugging in my immediate area but less social distancing.

Peckhampam Wrote:

> Because face covering is not much good at

> protecting yourself. Just stopping your germs

> spreading so much to other people. So if you are

> wearing a face mask people may well suppose that

> you have symptoms. Although of course if you do,

> you should not be out

About 30% of people in Tesco's Rye Lane had a face mask last time I went. As most spread is before symptoms show I guess it would work.