Recommendation Required For Decent Route By Car For Testing Eyesight

KidKruger

I can't see feck all without my contact lenses in, but I do need to know just how bad my eyesight is.

Best thing would be to take a road trip to test how bad my eyes are, so can anyone recommend a decent route - maybe just 50-80 miles - so I can get a decent impression how far gone my eyes are ?

I may take wife and kid in the car as well, just for the crack.

I filled-up the car yesterday, but had no intention of making any trips at all - just felt sorry for the empty petrol tank.

Its one rule for them another for us poor bastards who get packed off to our blue collar jobs whilst the virus is still in full throttle.

I cant visit my loved ones and now I have to return to work with no idea of when I'll feel safe to actually see them because of having to use the tube and trains.

This lot make me puke.

the biggest death toll per head of the population in the world and people think Boris is doing a good job.

My parents took us for a trip to a newly opened section of motorway and service station when we were kids and to impress a friend of the family from Ireland. I don't think it was to test anyone's eyes but for some reason Cummings excuse has reminded me of this pointless journey from my child hood.

In deed that is why government had a recent campaign. Quite simple - can you read a number plate at 20 metres (that is 3 3/8 of a chain in old money). So rather than drive 60 miles, or go to spec savers Dom could have simply paced out 20 metres to another can and checked he could read the number plate. I think I may e-mail him this advice

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/dvla-asks-drivers-to-look-again-in-new-eye-735t-campaign

Rather short but Brenchley Gardens is good, nice straight road, you could get up to a ton before checking to see your brakes work at the speed camera. If you miss the speed camera then your eyesight is not up to scratch. I expect that is why there is so much speeding traffic on this road. For a further challenge you could continue up towards Brockley where road narrowing, pedestrians and cyclists provide further challenges, perhaps 80mph is more suitable. If you do have an accident with another road user or pedestrian you have the valid excuse that it was OK for Dom and he writes the rules.