We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

Glazer Delmar

www.takeflightacademy.co.uk

http://www.gardenia-gardens.com

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your East Dulwich doctor, dentist or butcher?
messagePalestinian lives matter
Posted by Chick June 10, 06:05PM

This is a link to a long article about the murder by Israeli police of Eyad Hallaq in Jerusalem. I don't understand why there is no out-cry about it. By the way the IDF train American police in "control" techniques.

[jfjfp.com]

There is more on the JFJFP website:

[mailchi.mp]

messageRe: Palestinian lives matter
Posted by malumbu June 11, 12:02PM

In deed, and perhaps the agenda should be extended to American foreign policy as a whole, treatment of indigenous Americans, and screwing up the planet as a whole. Serious comments by the way. And there are many good people and organisations in the US and could be so much a force for good.

messageRe: Palestinian lives matter
Posted by NewWave June 11, 10:46PM

All lives matter.
In my ideal world there would be world peace where no one suffers due to colour or creed.
We are all equal we all feel pain and all deserve love and compassion.
One love one world

messageRe: Palestinian lives matter
Posted by Jules-and-Boo June 12, 10:43AM

It's not about ALL racism. But it SHOULD be.
It's about the regime in western world.
BLM are disruptive, with a commitment to disrupt state structure that disproportionately harms black people, it's anti captitalist, antiauthoritarian.

It's not about all racism and it's not about all slavery.

Ok, shoot me now as clearly no one's allowed to say anything negative....



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was june 12, 10:53am by Jules-and-Boo.

messageRe: Palestinian lives matter
Posted by JohnL June 12, 10:59AM

NewWave Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All lives matter.
> In my ideal world there would be world peace where
> no one suffers due to colour or creed.
> We are all equal we all feel pain and all deserve
> love and compassion.
> One love one world

But some have suffered in the past more than others and we can't ignore history.

Some still are suffering more than others but you can't force equality and peace on the world through war (to some extent Blair tried that through liberal interventionism and I think it largely failed)

messageRe: Palestinian lives matter
Posted by SpringTime June 12, 11:00AM

Jules-and-Boo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's not about ALL racism. But it SHOULD be.
> It's about the regime in western world.
> BLM are disruptive, with a commitment to disrupt
> state structure that disproportionately harms
> black people, it's anti captitalist,
> antiauthoritarian.
>
> It's not about all racism and it's not about all
> slavery.
>
> Ok, shoot me now as clearly no one's allowed to
> say anything negative....

What you've said is actually positive J&B, not negative. It's about stating the truth.

We're now in a situation in which the history and culture are being compromised - statues down, film and TV materials being removed, will it be book burnings next? None of this will help black people... none of this will help anyone.

messageRe: Palestinian lives matter
Posted by Spartacus June 12, 11:08AM

Fahrenheit 451 ?

messageRe: Palestinian lives matter
Posted by JohnL June 12, 11:10AM

SpringTime Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jules-and-Boo Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > It's not about ALL racism. But it SHOULD be.
> > It's about the regime in western world.
> > BLM are disruptive, with a commitment to
> disrupt
> > state structure that disproportionately harms
> > black people, it's anti captitalist,
> > antiauthoritarian.
> >
> > It's not about all racism and it's not about
> all
> > slavery.
> >
> > Ok, shoot me now as clearly no one's allowed to
> > say anything negative....
>
> What you've said is actually positive J&B, not
> negative. It's about stating the truth.
>
> We're now in a situation in which the history and
> culture are being compromised - statues down, film
> and TV materials being removed, will it be book
> burnings next? None of this will help black
> people... none of this will help anyone.

Be careful not is all as it seems sometimes - for instance Little Britain want a new series on Netflix and so are aiming to start with a clean slate.

We also got rid of TV like "mind your language" and "the black and white minsterals" years ago so it's nothing new (I guess people will deny that the first one even existed it was so dreadful but it did)

Statues also get removed to museums regularly as the public forgets them - it's just been done quietly before.

[en.wikipedia.org]



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit was june 12, 11:16am by JohnL.

messageRe: Palestinian lives matter
Posted by JohnL June 12, 12:02PM

When the Place of Westminster is basically gutted in the next few years, I wonder what will become of the statues.

Parliaments own website admits many don't really fit there

"However, the commissioners won the day, and the original statues in the Palace's interior thus bore little relation to scale, style and floor-space of the building they were destined to decorate."

[www.parliament.uk]

The Welsh and Scottish parliament buildings are pretty modern affairs and pictures of the new HoC seem similar. Anyway statues are a bit old fashioned when we can have large screens with changing images smiling smiley

[www.bbc.co.uk]

messageRe: Palestinian lives matter
Posted by hpsaucey June 12, 06:01PM

Chick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is a link to a long article about the murder
> by Israeli police of Eyad Hallaq in Jerusalem. I
> don't understand why there is no out-cry about it.
> By the way the IDF train American police in
> "control" techniques.
>
> [jfjfp.com]
> med-im-with-her-eyad-cried-the-cop-opened-fire-any
> way/
>
> There is more on the JFJFP website:
>
> [mailchi.mp]
> -january-8709509?e=9ebda826d3

Thanks Chick. Saw this and signed at the time. Was also surprised there wasn't more reaction. Truly shocking...
Palestinian lives matter.
Lives of disabled people matter.

HP

messageRe: Palestinian lives matter
Posted by Chick June 14, 05:40PM

Maybe not as much as I thought.

messageRe: Palestinian lives matter
Posted by hpsaucey June 14, 08:37PM

Chick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe not as much as I thought.

sad smiley

messageRe: Palestinian lives matter
Posted by Alec1 June 24, 02:28PM

SpringTime Wrote:
>
> We're now in a situation in which the history and
> culture are being compromised - statues down, film
> and TV materials being removed, will it be book
> burnings next? None of this will help black
> people... none of this will help anyone.

History and culture are not being compromised, they are being exposed. The ugly truth. That's why we all feel uncomfortable. So we should be.

This isn't about pulling down statues, book burnings, street name changes, that's all symbolic BUT respectful. Is anyone here actually proud of a statue of a slave trader? Or a street named after one? No wonder the BLM are pulling them down, they're angry. So would you be if you had spent hundreds of years being enslaved, beaten up, killed, treated like second class citizens because of your skin colour.

What it is about, is white people learning and checking their ingrained prejudices. This country was built on slavery and racism. Nothing to be proud about.

We have an opportunity to change the future, can't change the past, but we CAN acknowledge it rather than hiding behind our white privilege. It's up to all of us to make this happen.

Of course all lives matter, no one says they don't, but right now (and for hundreds of years) black people are suffering because of the colour of their skin.

What's problematic about 'all lives matter' - lots of different explanations

[www.vox.com]

This is US, but black parents in the UK have these conversations.

[www.facebook.com]

Still think we don't have a problem in the UK.....

[twitter.com]

Anti racism resources

[docs.google.com]

What can you do to help?

[docs.google.com]



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit was june 24, 02:38pm by Alec1.

messageRe: Palestinian lives matter
Posted by DulwichBorn&Bred June 24, 04:14PM

You are ace!



Alec1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> SpringTime Wrote:
> >
> > We're now in a situation in which the history
> and
> > culture are being compromised - statues down,
> film
> > and TV materials being removed, will it be book
> > burnings next? None of this will help black
> > people... none of this will help anyone.
>
> History and culture are not being compromised,
> they are being exposed. The ugly truth. That's
> why we all feel uncomfortable. So we should be.
>
> This isn't about pulling down statues, book
> burnings, street name changes, that's all symbolic
> BUT respectful. Is anyone here actually proud of a
> statue of a slave trader? Or a street named after
> one? No wonder the BLM are pulling them down,
> they're angry. So would you be if you had spent
> hundreds of years being enslaved, beaten up,
> killed, treated like second class citizens because
> of your skin colour.
>
> What it is about, is white people learning and
> checking their ingrained prejudices. This country
> was built on slavery and racism. Nothing to be
> proud about.
>
> We have an opportunity to change the future, can't
> change the past, but we CAN acknowledge it rather
> than hiding behind our white privilege. It's up to
> all of us to make this happen.
>
> Of course all lives matter, no one says they
> don't, but right now (and for hundreds of years)
> black people are suffering because of the colour
> of their skin.
>
> What's problematic about 'all lives matter' - lots
> of different explanations
>
> [www.vox.com]
> ives-matter
>
> This is US, but black parents in the UK have these
> conversations.
>
> [www.facebook.com]
> 333170421/
>
> Still think we don't have a problem in the UK.....
>
>
> [twitter.com]
> 643496449
>
> Anti racism resources
>
> [docs.google.com]
> gHa6-VlBO-QgirITwCTugSfKie5Fs/preview?fbclid=IwAR0
> qYDNvDMpPq6AtzyhLY-lzPOoI-1jrswyAOE5c3u4Rs0S7xLiIL
> xFR0Ys&pru=AAABcwqZBxI*gAzqzYftNmHi01Hb0Z7qYw
>
> What can you do to help?
>
> [docs.google.com]
> _J7pG4RpenlN-yPRINLShnnLyPfRQ/edit?fbclid=IwAR3Pkw
> A5oy0ewfo3w4tyBI422JAvqEUsQlldQP_djGj1DVoANzuDW9gx
> V9c

messageRe: Palestinian lives matter
Posted by uncleglen June 29, 10:03AM

Removed - Admin

messageRe: Palestinian lives matter
Posted by KidKruger June 29, 10:16AM

Jeezuz UG, how do you think any of what you just posted is reasonable.
You know that the Palestinians’ land has been literally forcibly removed, the areas assigned to them have been systematically eroded, and they are at the bottom end of an apartheid regime in a land they lived in for centuries.
But you’ll criticise how they fight back, like they’re out of order.
You are coming across as one sick f u c k.

messageRe: Palestinian lives matter
Posted by diable rouge June 29, 10:40AM

Slowly but surely Unk is showing the true extent of his bitter and vile beliefs.
Effra, perhaps you'd like to publicly support him again like you did with his admitted xenophobia/racism?...


Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum