Sainsburys click and collect - 27 items missing - chaos!!

O.A.Partygirl

Just to warn anyone thinking of arranging a 'click and collect' from Sainsburys at Dog Kennel hill that although we've previously had several really good ones with helpful and friendly staff and all items were as ordered, last week when we went to pick up the latest we could see there were not many bags of items. It was raining hard so we couldn't stop and check it all there and the people in the van said just call customer services when back if there is a problem. There were 27 items missing and it is impossible to get through to customer services apart from head office who then phoned through.

We're shielding but were told to go into the store to the customer services desk to arrange for them to bring out the items.There was another couple there who had also had the same issues as us - loads missing, wrong items etc.

Customer services didn't apologise and just said it was a combination of problems with staff both in the store and in the click and collect area (who incidentally were not observing any social distancing with customers even after we asked them nicely to move away a bit!!) Seems like Sainsburys have a lot of new and untrained people on this at the moment.

My advice is to only book one at Dog Kennel hill if you have 2+hours to spend trying to phone and get it sorted, then prepare to go back to the store for further cock-ups!!

If anyone knows whether the situation is better at Forest hill or Sydenham please can you let us know?

It's taken most of the last 3 months to register for click and collect / home delivery, as Sainsburys was prioritising vulnerable. Fair enough.

Then, on my first click and collect order, 50% of the items turned out unavailable after I placed the order (placed about 3pm for a 7am collection the following morning), 2 items were missing, and one item expired the following day. I must admit I'm fairly unimpressed.

Waited for two months before using Sainsbury for delivery, multiple items not available, lots of substitutions and first two deliveries multiple broken bottles (and 12 cracked eggs, packed in a bag with glass containers). Don't think they are good at scaling up, and they do not have depots, rather use big stores - certainly Savacenter. Getting a bit better.

Have been using Sainsburys for home delivery since just after lockdown. On an ?80ish shop, most items are available. Only had one issue with food going out of date within a couple of days - sorted out through the on line reporting system and a credit given for next order. Also had an issue with a substitution, which wasn't suitable. Once again a full credit given for next order. Delivery guys are all really polite and helpful. Really pleased with the overall service.