Peak guardian?

TheCat

Oh and the only thing the Guardian will have written is the headline. To read an article or extract from a book in any newspaper you need to remove the click bait headline.

I think I'm on the wrong thread to be moaning about click bait headlines which are everywhere and spoil an article.

JohnL Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Oh and the only thing the Guardian will have

> written is the headline. To read an article or

> extract from a book in any newspaper you need to

> remove the click bait headline.

>

> I think I'm on the wrong thread to be moaning

> about click bait headlines which are everywhere

> and spoil an article.

Isn't that just freelancing? Which is standard practice. It's a graun article. They published it.

The Express hasn't been hacked mind - for 5 years (you'd believe otherwise).

and before anyone does say - prize whataboutery but the Guardian seems to be held to a higher level than some of the others (maybe deservingly so ) :)

What makes me laugh about Guardian readers is when there is an article about drugs and in the comments section below there will be an utterly HILARIOUS (!) stream of people quoting Brasseye/Chris Morris quotes about drugs, every time.

Cake! hahahaha!

Puked up pelvis bone! hahaha!

Its not a drug its a drink! hahahahahaha!

• 1 month later...

More 'balance' from our friends at the Graun....

So, the Guardian on 31 July: ?The Guardian view on delaying elections: it?s what autocrats do.? This was in response to a suggestion from the US President that the elections might need to be delayed on account of Covid. And then on 17 August: ?By delaying the New Zealand election, Jacinda Ardern appears magnanimous and conciliatory.? This was in response to the New Zealand Prime Minister postponing the elections on account of Covid.

Exactly snowy, the US and NZ constitutions and election rules are completely different, NZ's, and I believe the UK's too, allows for delaying an election, the US's doesn't, even leading Republicans have come out and said the election can't be delayed, come Jan '21 Trump will stop being the US president unless he wins the Nov election. Even if the election was somehow delayed Trump couldn't remain President, yet he want's to do both. Recently he's spoke about remaining President beyond the fixed 2 terms, whereas genuinely successful Presidents have had to step down after their second term because that's what's required constitutionally. The man is deranged, have you read his 'tribute' to his recently deceased bother, it's all about him, quite extraordinary.

Do you seriously think Trump would ask for a delay if he was polling 60+% like Ardern currently is? Ardern would win a landslide, she's clearly putting the health of the country before politics. The two countries have had completely different strategies in dealing with Covid, NZ wanted to hit the virus 'hard and early' by having a total lockdown, which until this recent outbreak (minuscule compared to the US's daily rate of cases) was extremely successful compared to most countries. Delaying the election by a month is a continuation of this strategy and hopefully will reap similar results. Whereas with the US there has been no coherent strategy, no total lockdown, so what would delaying the US election actually achieve apart from Trump trying to avoid an election defeat? As usual it's about Trump putting himself before country, just as he always has...

Of course they're different. Didn't intend to start a in-depth discussion on the why's and wherefore's of the differences in context/polling/constitutions, or my opinions on who's right or wrong to delay elections.

More wryly amusing that the Graun can publish one blanket statement headline with no reference to context (they could have use any number of healines for the trump article...but that's what they chose)...then contradict themselves within weeks in a different context because it suits their narrative....

Lemming Wrote:

> When your 'newspaper' starts re-writing 40

> year-old comedy sketches as 'serious journalism' -

> it might be time to call it a day.

>

>

Should've called it a day years ago- it's the most unbalanced purveyor of half-truths and lefty shyte in the world and since they had to start begging for money months, even years, ago it just goes to show that a lot of people are 'waking' up to the rubbish from them (and the BBC)

Hey - Papers are things you buy if you want and "political leanings" is just a game to sell papers

Don't forget Reach PLC owns both the left wing Mirror and the ultra right wing Express and is happy to share journalists across the two.

TheCat Wrote:

> Of course they're different. Didn't intend to

> start a in-depth discussion on the why's and

> wherefore's of the differences in

> context/polling/constitutions, or my opinions on

> who's right or wrong to delay elections.

>

> More wryly amusing that the Graun can publish one

> blanket statement headline with no reference to

> context (they could have use any number of

> healines for the trump article...but that's what

> they chose)...then contradict themselves within

> weeks in a different context because it suits

> their narrative....

I can hear the sound of moving goalposts...

snowy Wrote:

> TheCat Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Of course they're different. Didn't intend to

> > start a in-depth discussion on the why's and

> > wherefore's of the differences in

> > context/polling/constitutions, or my opinions

> on

> > who's right or wrong to delay elections.

> >

> > More wryly amusing that the Graun can publish

> one

> > blanket statement headline with no reference to

> > context (they could have use any number of

> > healines for the trump article...but that's

> what

> > they chose)...then contradict themselves within

> > weeks in a different context because it suits

> > their narrative....

> I can hear the sound of moving goalposts...

...or....you can acknowledge the fact that I posted it in a thread specifically about the Guardian...not a thread about Trump or a thread about Jacinda Arden....

Keep telling yourself that if it makes you happy.

I?m confused more about how this prompted forum fantasist glenn to emerge and regurgitate his usual word salad; to your credit at least you can engage and talk about something even if i disagree with you. He seems to emerge from his YouTube right wing nutter rabbit hole.