Virus removal help from iphone & ipad

beansprout

Yesterday I received a spate of emails saying an email containing a virus had been intercepted and inviting me to view the text of the email on an attachment which I didn?t open as they were clearly malicious. Are you sure your friend hasn?t received a similar spam email? I understood that Apple?s security was excellent.

Is it jailbroken (somehow I doubt it)

Are you using some custom email server that could be causing this if it's email based (I use yahoo for instance - the same smtp/pop3 type settngs I use on my PC.)

Is it linked to Alexa - just in case worth checking what commands she is running :)

Are you saying that the only evidence you have is a friend or friends' report(s) that an email appearing to have come from you has, according to BT, an attached virus?

If that's the case it's imo virtually no evidence at all of any problem with your own phone. Spoofing of email "From" addresses is trivially easy, and a method of choice for those wanting to transmit any kind of malware. Viewing all the headers of the email(s) concerned should be able to reveal whether that was the case.

In General Iphones do not get Viruses..

That does not mean they cant be infected.

IOS is generally Stable and Safe and any infected APP will not infect other APPS

There is an exception to this rule. Any Device that has been Jail-Broken and loaded with

Non Apple approved software could more easily become infected and affect the performance of that device.

Any Updates from Apple will probably not work.

Foxy

You should regularly install updates as they become available.

That will ensure you have the latest security updates.

Press

At that point you will see if Automatic Updates are On or Off.

I choose to keep them Off

I have just checked My Updates and I have one that I need to Download and Install.

This can take some time 10 - 20 Mins.

Foxy

ETA There will be a progress bar next to a rotating gear wheel. It can be difficult to see,

DO NOT TURN Off your phone until any Update is finished.