Seek out your nearest nature reserve,community garden or park you have never visited before

Thunderblue600

Hope might give some ideas to anyone that has been having mental health or addiction challenges.

Thanks FB Mental Health Believe UK for this badge 'You're a top fan! Keep engaging with this Page to maintain your top fan status.'

LOL I only made a few recent comments.

Anyway I love this post - since the slow journey to recovery that started on June 1st 2019 my starting over has been very connected with nature and has played a significant part of my recovery - having a back garden has been a god send, my project started on Feb 9th 2020 and was only completed this week.

Jones's Mill at the Vera Jeans Reserve ( managed by Wiltshire Wildlife Trust www.wiltshirewildlife.org/joness-mill-the-vera-jeans-reserv? ) Dursden Ln, Pewsey SN9 5JN which came into my life last year near my dear Cousin & Aunty has been joy to experience, near the source of one of the eight river Avon's the little stream. the watercress beds ( delicious by the way ) the open meadows, the wooded areas and right by the enchanting Kennet & Avon canal just one hour from London by train.

For weeks now I have in all weathers been barefoot 24/7 this helps me to feel more connected with everything and lol helps me to remove small stones from the lawn which I have been 'making over.'

There is pure joy in watching things grow - if you don't have a garden think about pots or containers for a balcony - if neither are options seek out your nearest community garden - connecting with other like minded people is also great for mental health.

Seek out your nearest nature reserve,community garden or park you have never visited before, there are so many hidden gems on our doorstep.

Also at least just once a day check out FB Mental Health Believe UK there are many messages of hope.