Neighbours have moved and left lots of rubbish

Thursdaymoon

Hi all,

My nightmare neighbours have moved out but they?ve filled all the rubbish bins and left near the bins (Yes not even next too) about 10 more black bags full, broken clothes rails and broken draws etc..

When I look on Southwark under fly tipping (not sure if it even is) it only talks about reporting rubbish for Southwark streets and council owned estates so I assume they won?t do anything as these are privately rented flats.

Hopefully the bin men will take it but seeing as a lot of it is not in the bins, just an unsightly mess in our front garden, I?m not sure they will. Plus bins aren't collected till Monday so I have no where to put my rubbish and if they?ve left anything perishable, the foxes will be at as soon as!

Any ideas? Or just hope the bin men take it?

Thanks!

I would leave a nice note for your binmen on Monday explaining - and that you will appreciate anything that they can do to get rid of everything. Ours have always been as helpful as they can on stuff like that. (Maybe with a box of Celebrations or similar if it?s not too hot!)

Otherwise you might need to go via [email protected] but they are running really behind of enquiries due to Covid so it won?t be a quick fix.

Or it might be easier to identify the Agent letting the place and let them know. Alot of people/Landlords will have a 'Check Out' report done, which should include excessive rubbish being left behind and then the outgoing tenants can be charged the cost of disposing of it from their deposit.

Thank you all for your replies!

I?ve e-mailed Southwark environment but don?t hold out much hope for a quick response. Will try the letting agent/landlord although they didn?t care before about their nuisance tenants.

As predicted, the foxes didn?t take long, so at 2 in the morning I had to go out and clear up all the mess and try to stuff more bags into the bins. Great fun. Also they?ve clearly never heard of recycling and also just chucked their used metal cutlery away!

SpringTime Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Sue Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Look on the bright side, at least they've gone!

>

>

> They certainly have. Happy days, they are someone

> else's neighbours now.

Are you Thursdaymoon in your spare time? 🤣