Lightbox to combat SAD

siousxiesue

As no one else has commented, perhaps I can suggest some possible alternatives to what otherwise seems like a rather expensive solution. I confess I didn't know what a "SAD Lightbox" was until I had a look online.

Have you tried "daylight bulbs"? They're what artists and photographers sometimes use in their studios to replicate outdoor light. They're not terribly expensive and a few of these about the house might help.

Do you spend a lot of time staring at a computer screen, laptop, tablet, mobile phone? Then perhaps try making the display and background/wallpaper more blue. Ideally "daylight" blue.

Aim for a colour that's RGB 64,156,255 or Hex 409CFF. The same colour as the attached picture.

Might at least be worth a try (if you haven't already) before spending more money.

SAD lightboxes do not cost a lot of money these days and and as long as it is a medical standard one they do work for a lot of people. You should begin to feel the benefits within two weeks of using one for up to an hour daily.

Daylight bulbs are not bright enough to do the same job. Most SAD lamps use very bright LEDs.

The Light Pod by Lifemax is a reasonably priced one.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lifemax-Light-107a-Simulated-Daylight/product-reviews/B002MRS5OW