The Rule of Six

DulwichFox

I am number 6 !

Oh sorry I am Spartacus 😆

In pubs maximum group sizes are 6 people, and with social distancing you can see multiple unrelated / un-associated groups sharing the sane space so in theory as long as people don't abuse the system and ruin it for everyone else, pubs and restaurants should be fine.

But if you are concerned don't go and leave your space for others !

There are going to be COVID Marshalls apparently (they won't have any power but no doubt they'll inform on you and then the Police will come and fine you)

"local authorities are to be given additional support from Covid-19 Secure Marshals, who will help to enforce the government?s coronavirus restrictions."

This is Democracy, but as long as Cummings says do it, it's done. Thatcher would not have taken decisions like this.

"The Prime Minister's new rule of six to help curb the sharp rise in coronavirus cases in the UK was opposed by every minister apart from Matt Hancock, according to reports."

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/rule-of-six-opposed-ministers-cabinet-a4545036.html

OutOfFocus Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Pugwash Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Track and Trace forms to be completed.

>

> Or maybe Test and Trace. Track and Trace is the

> mechanism that Royal Mail use to help loose post

> :-)

Or maybe 'lose post' ☺

Start getting the pasta and toilet rolls in...

Paul Brand (ITV):

BREAKING: Latest data shows Covid-19 cases are now doubling every 7 to 8 days in the UK with an R rate of 1.7.

Study by Imperial College found highest rates among 18 to 24 year-olds, with Yorkshire and the Humber, the North East and the North West worst affected.

ianr Wrote:

> "Everyone apart from Hancock wanted to set the

> limit on groups at eight or more," the source

> said.

> https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/rule-of-s

> ix-opposed-ministers-cabinet-a4545036.html (same

> as above)

So the health minister wants one target and MPs driven by keeping the country and businesses financial viable and their voters whining wanted a higher number

🤔

I'd go with the health minister every time as he's probably got the best information from his department and knows what's coming if we don't go with the lower number.

It's easier to increase the group size as infections come down, but if you start higher and repeatedly adjust downwards then there will be multiple whinges of "yet another u turn"

Lol it's 6 of one and half a dozen of the other or damned if they do and damned if they don't here.

seenbeen Wrote:

> They are now imploring people not to have a

> 'blowout' this weekend....as happened last time.

I'm off down The Castle. My wife is on a night shift tonight, so I'm free to go out. I'll be at one of the tables outside - green tweed Hackett blazer and red moleskins.

I would argue that the rule of six does little to address where the rises in infection are occurring. Within families is one area, and that was always inevitable. The other is pubs. We all remember those pictures of a packed Soho with little or no social distancing when pubs reopened. Most pubs and restaurants are not taking customers details either.

Government has decided it can not risk another full lockdown and is hedging on measures being taken now to prevent it. But perhaps if it had done something about enforcing the measures it had already introduced, we might be in a different place. Hospital admissions are starting to slowly move up but if we really want to get through the winter without lockdown, enforcement of things like masks on public transport and in shops becomes essential. One sneeze can infect 2 or 3 people at a time. Any idea of reopening theatres, clubs and stadiums has to be reconsidered too.