The Dulwichmum blog

PeteOverhill

Dear Mr Overhill,

Well you can't have mine if that is what you are after. Mr Michael Paleo..... - another forumite already tried to nab her on me. Of course there are many au pairs left to employ. The good ones are hard to find though.

I must get back to work now, or I shall be fired...

DM

You have to remember DulwichMum is not really "leafy East Dulwich", but an ornamnent of the gentry in even leafier West Dulwich. Her de haut en bas pronouncements - be they on the subject of nannies or shoe-shopping - are very much those of the Lady Bountiful slumming it a bit, but gosh had I a forleock I'd willingly be tugging it! >:D

Dear Mr SimonM,

You are so right! I never claimed to live in East Dulwich - it is far too close to Peckham for my taste. A completely super place to visit, shop, eat and drink though, so unpretentious. I particularly like the free range lamb from the farmers market on North Cross Road, and the Organic cod from the fish mongers.

DM

D-M is a real person. I have met her and count myself luck to have done so.

Do you know that her Blog smells of fresh baked bread and eau de toilette of the finest quality? Its true. All true.

I still have the lactating donkey by the way D-M. Could you give her mention on your blog? To try and move her on so to speak. Needs a bigger home with room to, lactate.

Dear Mr Palaelogus,

I try to avoid all mention of ... lactation if it is all the same to you. If you could just sort that donkey out, I am sure there is no reason why she could not perhaps be re-integrated into society. Ana is still hiding behind the kitchen island. Whatever did you do to her?

DM

Before we move on from the whole..... calcium-based subject may I just repeat one of the best lines from a song ever

"My wife's lactatin'

And I'm spectatin'

It's a football thing"

DM - having seen your back yard in the South London Press pic I am most upset I didn't get an invite for Pimms on this most glorious of weekends (just passed)