Coffee Time

Lord Lordship

Is it just me, or is anyone else getting thoroughly sick and tired of all these mothers invading the coffee shops of East Dulwich day after day? I was in Caffe Nero the other day and thought I'd stepped into a nursery by mistake - the place was wall-to-wall mothers and their yapping offspring. I could barely hear myself think.

Do these people have nothing better to do all day than sit around sharing a skinny Cappuccino between four, whilst talking about house prices and speculating as to when M&S and/or Waitrose will arrive on Lordship Lane? Do they have no homes to go to? Don't they know that they can safely plonk their sprogs down in front of a Tweenies DVD and get laced into a bottle of Gin for the afternoon, before their hubby gets home after a hard day at the Stock Exchange?

Are you a wind up merchant? If not, take cover, because I suspect you've just made lots of enemies!!!

For my part, as long as it keeps them out the pubs, they can have the coffee shops! ;-) *legs it!*

I love these threads. Why do they always seem to come from first-time posters? Hmmm..

What were you doing in Caffe Nero, Lord Lordship?

Formulating a cure for cancer or solving the world's energy crisis, no doubt.

Keef, I think you've hit the nail on the head there. Jeeze, just imagine what the cpt would be like if it were full of yummy mummies....mmmm, ok, maybe not soo bad, but screaming children, even quite children, they'd make me feel guilty about smoking, them with their beady cute eyes, looking at me, screaming at me....'but you're killing me...' *shudders*. Now, surely we should debate just how many coffe shops ed needs...

If I could, I'd Lounge meself.

*Lounged* (awaiting Mr Admins approval. Obviously)

*Bob* - I'm glad you love the thread that I have started. I hope I can continue to be as inspired with my subject matter in the future.

Oh, and by the way - the cure for cancer is coming along nicely. If only these damn babies would stop screaming for a few minutes I might yet have my Eureka moment.

Come on *Bob* - no need to pick on Louisa for no reason. She's been very pleasant of late and it's a bit mean to pick on someone on a thread where they haven't said anything

Is this thread about coffee places or the tired old subject of mums?

Both have been discussed to death hereabouts - I do remember being shocked years ago when I went to Pizza Express in the village (I was young) and how LOUD it was for a Thursday afternoon - but to be fair most of us are at work and if I was a mum/dad/au pair I would want out of the house so good luck to 'em I say

Far better to tootle of to Jack's for your cuppa Joe

Try going to GBK with a hangover!!!!! It's like a scene from a vicious 1960's psychedelic flick....oooh the colours, the noise...the the...(crawl under the table and wait until everyone's gone it's all too much)

Anyway, hehem, back to the thread.