ED Pubs and foreign football

Bleep

La Liga reaches a dizzying climax on Saturday and I for one, being poor and without Sky, would love to watch the game. Does anyone know if any pub in ED will be showing the games or offer the possibility of doing so? The Magdala for example?

I don't care - I just want to see a good game. I usually root for Barca but for some reason Madrid's sudden surge towards the top alongside Van Nistelrooy's scoring form means I might go for Real this time.

Just in case you really want to catch Los Merengues ..... possibly best to go to a pub on Sunday ... that being when the matches are.... RVN a cheating thug? Thug or victim of embarrassing conduct on a pitch? hmmmm think on.

Hoping the whites win it personally! Too few brits have plied their trade abroad and failed miserably... would at least like to Mr Beckham do that much.....

I have very strange feelings on this score

I love the way Beckham has come back and proved most people (no one complained when he was dropped from the England team) wrong. I just really admire that. And if he was dead wood when he was dropped then there were at least 6 others before him. This talk of the younger members of the squad resenting him sounds like.. well young English football players these days. Petulant underachievers

But playing for Madrid...? Joining the superstar team to win trophies and gild the lily? And to not do so? Marvelous. Not to spite him but all the players who join them for the same reason. All top level footballers are on silly money but I would love to hear them say out loud something other than "I have just joined club X because they are the best in the world etc etc"

Join a team that's knocking on the door. Or stay loyal to the team you are with. transform them. That will prove how good YOU are. Anything else is glory hunting of the lowest order.

On a related note. Brits plying their trade abroad (ie how few of them) . Or moaning about foreigners over here displacing brit talent and affecting the national teams. Absolute top to bottom, grade A, horse manure. Managers in the Premiership would LOVE to have a British spine to their team. Wenger was so deperate to to that he stuck with Jeffers far longer than anyone in their right mind would... But they just. Are. Not. Good. Enough.

They may have the talent but their attitude usually lets them down. Stop moaning, Cole, Terry et al and do the business. And they are the good ones.. The B-listers... Wright-Philips etc well.. words fail me

Can't believe you back Barca! Do you not remember a wet wednesday May night in Paris last season

Not to mention Henry might be off there!

Oh dear Ladygooner, before you give your full support to Real remember that if Madrid do pull it off this weekend and Ruud remains top scorer then Fergie and Man U collect a ?2m kick back from the sale of Becks and Van Nistlerooy.

well in that case come on real,that will pay rooneys wages for the month. on a different topic(but still football related admin), i listened to arthur smith on radio the other day discussing the merits of the baddiel and skinner hit 3 lions (30 years of hurt).as arthur correctly pointed out it was released in 1996, 30 years after england won the world cup (and arnt we sick of hearing about it), but arthur pointed out that he wasnt hurting in 67,68 or 69 because england were still world champs he only started hurting in 1970 when brazil stole englands crown,so although it would,nt have been as catchy would 24 years of hurt not have been more accurate.

Pretty much agree with you Sean, which is why Liverpool fans love Gerrard so much, he stayed to try and rush them that extra step. As for the Weekend, I'm leaning towards Real just for Beckham. Say what you like about him, but I always respected him as England captain. It wasn't his fault he had a short sighted manager. It also speaks volumes that Real are now suddenly very gutted to be losing him!

I like to watch both teams as they both enjoy playing football in the proper manner but I don't think I could take any more of Beckham's tears if they lose, so I'll be backing Real this time around and to be fair to Beckham he deserves it for the way he has come back into form this season.

spadetownboy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> well in that case come on real,that will pay

> rooneys wages for the month. on a different

> topic(but still football related admin), i

> listened to arthur smith on radio the other day

> discussing the merits of the baddiel and skinner

> hit 3 lions (30 years of hurt).as arthur correctly

> pointed out it was released in 1996, 30 years

> after england won the world cup (and arnt we sick

> of hearing about it), but arthur pointed out that

> he wasnt hurting in 67,68 or 69 because england

> were still world champs he only started hurting in

> 1970 when brazil stole englands crown,so although

> it would,nt have been as catchy would 24 years of

> hurt not have been more accurate.

Um

the mighty Scotland effectively " took " the WC from Engrland as they were the first team to beat the Engerlish as reigining World champs

Feel a bit sorry for Barca, winning 5 0 still not good enough... Not sure what's better, goal difference or head to head... Leaning towards head to head, as the team that win more games wins, as opposed to a team that maybe had a couple of 6 0 wins against the crap sides edging it on goal difference :-S