Weekend Antics

Mogs

What did people get up to at the weekend?

Mr Mogs and I, with a few other EDers (not on the forum) went off to Wales stayed in a Monkey Sanctuary, which I can highly recommend.

Monky Sanctuary - Wales

Did some Tobogganing, Walking and Beach Visiting at

Pembrey Country Park

The Golf Course - but we don't like golf, lovely views while having breakfast

The Golf Course

Port Eynon - On the Gower more lovely views, and rock pool exploring

http://www.the-gower.com/villages/Porteynon/porteynon.htm

Mogs, what a lovely active weekend you had. Mine couldnt have been more different. I did a bootsale and then spent the rest of the weekend in various drinking holes. My poor liver is working overtime today and am feeling very cross with myself. Never mind, I have promised myself a break from Boozing (just wont tell self that am out next weekend) ssssh!!

I spent most of it waiting for delayed Ryanair flights. Remind me never ever ever to save myself 15 quid on a flight ever again by going with Ryanair. Arrival times there on friday and back on monday were 01:25 and 23:45 respectively!!

On the plus side I got to see Wexford v Louth and Dublin v Meath at Croke Park yesterday, which was an amazing experience. Though thanks to Ryanair I was so tired I actually nodded off at one point in the noisiest stadium I've ever encountered!

Aer Lingus are soo much better than RyanAir... and I rarely pay much extra

Saturday was spent in Blackheath to see friends new flat - then we went to a party in Tooting Bec in the evening (both excellent dos)

Sunday was more civilised - chores, pub lunch, papers and a serious Wire session in the evening (would someone please get the darn boxset and catch up so I can talk about it!)

Friday night, drunk in CPT, more drunk in Black Cherry, in to oblivion CPT! >:D<

Saturday, down to Aunt and Uncles in Camberly to have a big family meal for my nan's 90th.

Sunday BBQ with the family (nice!), back to London, couple of drinks in the CPT, got home later than planned, slept in dog house (quite rightly to be fair). :-S

Monday (td)

Held my barbecue - as previously discussed.

Neneh Cherry's ribs soaked in jack daniels and coke (or at least her recipe for them) went up in flames - they were probably about 90% proof - otherwise highly successful.

One vegetarian turned up - and was delighted with his veggie burgers cooked on my George Fornby Grill (we did have another bbq on standby but it seemed like overkill for just one).

Have spent all of today nibbling leftovers... sausage anyone?

On Friday I went to very 'inclusive' and impressive rock n roll cabaret venue in Stokie to see my brother's punk rock n roll band, the Jim Jones Revue (Jude Law was slumming it there all night). The highlights included Elephant Man Elvis and a couple who did things like abuse staple guns/scalpels/flaming cats o' nine tails/etc.

Quiet night really.

On Saturday rode over to The Chelsea Arts Club for dinner (1st time), which is like an expensive old folks' home. Met my friend who can be seen on p14 of this weekend's Observer News(4* edition). First time I had seen him since the **** hit the fan re: his design of the Olympics logo. Ah, well, no publicity is bad publicity, surely?

Then rode back to ED (strangely don't recall any of the journey home) and dropped in to the Drum where I met some very interesting folks. Got home very drunk and very late. In the morning up to our friends in N London for lunch and more abuse. Oh dear, I am a tired wee laddie... Haven't had that much 'fun' for a while.

Friday had leaving drinks with work as have started new job today (so can't spend all day on the forum anymore :()

Saturday went to see 3 live bands at The Fly on New Oxford Street which were ok but nothing great

Sunday had drinks in EDT and The Gowlett in evening

So a weekend of drinking - nothing new there then.

Roll on this weekend....

mockney piers Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I spent most of it waiting for delayed Ryanair

> flights. Remind me never ever ever to save myself

> 15 quid on a flight ever again by going with

> Ryanair. Arrival times there on friday and back on

> monday were 01:25 and 23:45 respectively!!

>

> On the plus side I got to see Wexford v Louth and

> Dublin v Meath at Croke Park yesterday, which was

> an amazing experience. Though thanks to Ryanair I

> was so tired I actually nodded off at one point in

> the noisiest stadium I've ever encountered!

mock you should have went to thurles,cork and waterford put the football to shame.