Corner site opposite station

bald marauder

It looks like somewhere Starf*cks would snap up. The weekend influx of out-of-towners would step out from the train station, be presented with the eye full of said Starf*cks and think "ooohh, this place must be up and coming..." and then their gaze would land on the 350k box flats upstairs where they would nearly wet themsleves in excitement!!.....

In their promotional material, they have an artists impression of the block, with a Starbucks look-a-like underneath. They obviously want customers to think it will be something along those lines, but I remain highly cynical (as always).

perhaps it could be a newsagents, there's already 5 in a 200yd radius of there so one more won't matter.

On Cl****m High street there's a massive Sainsburys and a smaller one about 500 yds away, the smaller one was bought by Sainsburys a few years ago when it came up for sale (even though it's really close to the massive one) so that Tescos couldn't buy it. Now I notice there's a big spanking new Tescos opening up right in the middle of the two, I guess it's war between those two.

Now I'm not wanting to get into a debate about the similarities of the two areas but the point is that the big name supermarkets will do anything to make an impact on an area. That shop opposite the station would make a great supermarket express/local/kwike-mart as it would be seen by everyone who walks out the station. Fill it wall to wall with ready-meals, milk and posh looking wine and it can't fail.

My bet is on it being a mini-supermarket (but I haven't a clue how much floor space and storage there is)