Forum Sponsors

http://www.elwyns.com/

www.dulwichcarpetcompany.co.uk

www.inshutters.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Coffee tastes best at... Blue Mountain? Caffe Nero? The East Dulwich Cafe?
Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 19 of 21
messageRe: It's contagious, and it's official (aka Tiny Little Things That Cause You Irrational Joy)
Posted by ed_pete 26 September, 2016 12:03

Putting on a pair of brand new socks.

messageRe: It's contagious, and it's official (aka Tiny Little Things That Cause You Irrational Joy)
Posted by lavender27 26 September, 2016 14:22

putting the rubbish out on time.

Posted by Robert Poste's Child 26 September, 2016 14:27

A canoodle with with a passing friendly dog in the park.

(Edited to correct autocorrect.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2016:09:26:14:29:09 by Robert Poste's Child.

Posted by Sue 26 September, 2016 22:58

Walking over Goose Green this afternoon and seeing the children playing in the two huge heaps of fallen leaves, one at each end of the green.

And the other morning seeing out of the kitchen window at least eight sparrows all having a bath together in a bowl of water on a table in my garden.

Posted by Robert Poste's Child 26 September, 2016 23:10

The last couple of weeks the robins around here seem to have become more active again, or perhaps just more visible as the summer birds leave. A robin singing in a tree is a huge joy.

Posted by Help-Ma-Boab 14 October, 2016 16:03

Admins replies to "The School for The Gifted" posters who moan about posts being deleted, in the about section.

Posted by Pickle 14 October, 2016 16:06

Ha ha, yes, I've just seen it and laughed. Well played, Administrator!

Posted by lavender27 14 October, 2016 16:19

Having a colossal poo.

Posted by Robert Poste's Child 16 October, 2016 08:22

Haberdashery.

Posted by Robert Poste's Child 18 October, 2016 23:09

John Lewis's technical support helpline and the people who work on it. If you buy a computer and keep the receipt you can call them when you have technical problems and you don't have to pay for it. It's like having your own IT helpdesk and they look after you like they've been practising on their grannies, which certainly works for me.

Posted by Sue 19 October, 2016 10:15

Unfortunately John Lewis's computer department gave me totally wrong info about something last week.

Don't think it was their tech support people though.

BTW are you sure their support is for an indefinite period? I thought it was just three months?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2016:10:19:18:19:30 by Sue.

Posted by Salsaboy 19 October, 2016 19:07

Chip butty with chips from the chip shop on white factory bread with lots of butter.

Posted by Help-Ma-Boab 19 October, 2016 19:47

The way Bradlingtons thread in the What's on Section, re Board Games has really taken off. I thought it would sink but it's going strong. Good on ya.

Posted by Robert Poste's Child 19 October, 2016 20:29

Sue, I asked that as I'm coming up to the three months and they said no, you can always call and we'll do our best to help. All good experiences so far on my side and it made returning the previous laptop easier as the faults were already logged in their system.

Posted by LadyNorwood 19 October, 2016 23:43

My great-nephew, two years old, sneakily taking a selfie video on my niece's phone and sending it to me, telling me that he loves me... It's irrational because it is so unexpected...

Posted by Sue 20 October, 2016 17:06

Robert Poste's Child Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sue, I asked that as I'm coming up to the three
> months and they said no, you can always call and
> we'll do our best to help. All good experiences so
> far on my side and it made returning the previous
> laptop easier as the faults were already logged in
> their system.

Oh, that's really useful to know, thanks!

Posted by Sue 20 October, 2016 17:08

LadyNorwood Wrote:
> My great-nephew, two years old, sneakily taking a
> selfie video on my niece's phone and sending it to
> me, telling me that he loves me... It's
> irrational because it is so unexpected...

Are you sure it wasn't actually sent by your niece?

I know kids are extraordinarily technologically advanced these days, but ....... ????

Posted by LadyNorwood 20 October, 2016 19:23

Sue Wrote:
> LadyNorwood Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > My great-nephew, two years old, sneakily taking
> a
> > selfie video on my niece's phone and sending it
> to
> > me, telling me that he loves me... It's
> > irrational because it is so unexpected...
>
>
> Are you sure it wasn't actually sent by your
> niece?
>
> I know kids are extraordinarily technologically
> advanced these days, but ....... ????

I'm sure as she was talking to me on the landline at the time and she could hear him chattering away to himself in the next room...

Posted by Sue 20 October, 2016 19:55

Ah, bless!xx

Posted by red devil 17 February, 2017 16:42

No Council Tax payments in Feb and March...smiling smiley

Posted by Louisa 17 February, 2017 16:51

How come I still have one more payment then? I only get one month off this year!

Louisa.

Posted by Help-Ma-Boab 27 February, 2017 12:46

Loved this from a few years ago. Randomly popped up on YouTube. Couldn't find he Valenties thread so thought I'd post it here.

A lovely wee short clip and filmed in Peckham Rye Park...

[m.youtube.com]

Posted by 27 February, 2017 17:16

Louisa Wrote:
> How come I still have one more payment then? I
> only get one month off this year!
>
> Louisa.

Only blow ins get a rebate

Posted by red devil 28 February, 2017 20:32

Tossing pancakes...smiling smiley

Posted by jaywalker 28 February, 2017 20:43

the first geranium (Roxanne, not 'geraniums' as in pelargoniums) flowered today.

and then the hellebores ...

Posted by teddyboy23 01 March, 2017 10:27

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2017:03:01:11:25:15 by teddyboy23.

Posted by teddyboy23 01 March, 2017 10:29

You lot turning in for the night

Posted by red devil 10 March, 2017 12:41

The nanny is the real scene stealer...smiling smiley

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by Loz 10 March, 2017 23:59

red devil Wrote:
> The nanny is the real scene stealer...smiling smiley

Or, as Professor Kelly refers to her, his wife...

Posted by Salsaboy 11 March, 2017 04:32

I like the comedy way she comes through the door.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 19 of 21

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum