forum picnic

citizenED

Anyone up for a forum picnic in dulwich park? food, drink, sunshine, (are you sure? Admin.) and non-competitive sports and the Plough is just up the road for later. I'm going to bring a bottle of champagne and a fruit salad. I'm going suggest 3 pm, Sunday 29th July...

citizen

Jah Lush Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> OK, I might be up for that. How about a kickabout?

> If it's non-competitive does that mean there won't

> be any jumpers for goalposts? Maybe I'll just

> catch you in the pub later.:)-D

I'll be up for a kick-about. Nothng too serious though as one of those who loves to play but is absolutely cack at it..and no hard footballs, just those nice soft ones that go anywhere in a slight breeze....

Sean, it is summer, which means people will be away various weekends, but that just happens to be weekend i am around. Happy to consider other dates though not around on Sunday 12th Aug (or, sadly on the 10th for forum drinks - part of reason for this suggestion)

Jah - non-competitive was ironic. Show me a football, or a frisbee, or a finishing line and i'm well up for it.

citizen

I'll already be in the park having a picnic that day as the 29th's my birthday - come over and say hi - we might be up for frisbee or bit of rounder's if you fancied it.

While on this subject though, i'd like to pick to forum's brains....was thinking of having my picnic near-ish the playground (as there'll be several little 'un's about) but does anyone have any other suggestions of where in the park is especially good for picnicing??

buggie - too many areas to suggest. Depends on the picnicers and how much shade/sun they like but the trees near the far side of the pond is my preferred spot

citizen - wasn't knocking the suggested date - just remembering the reason for moving forum drinks. Plus I'm just jealous as I'm away ( I THINK it's that weekend.. lemme check)

Thankfully they are all off the streets of ED by the time I get home from work!

*Bob* Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Ladygooner Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I would like my picnic as far away from any

> > bugaboos as possible!

>

> Then you're posting on the wrong forum.

Buggie, there are loads of good spots for a picnic in Dul Park. One of my favourites is in the American Garden which is on the path leading from the swings towards Firemans Alley it's a quieter spot and very lovely, but if you or your friends don't know the park well it can be tough to find.

I'd probably suggest somewhere on the grass area in front of the Pavilion cafe for the Forum picnic simply because it's so central and easy to find. Can be busy and somewhat exposed but there is some shade available if we pitch up by the trees and bushes. There is also plenty of space for games. The area Sean suggests, under the trees far side of pond has the advavtage of a few picnic tables.

citizen

Sean, I thought you were away on the weekend of the 4/5th Aug which is one reason the drinks were moved from the 3rd to the 10th so hope you are around on the 29th July.

OK, so as it stands this little beano is set for Sunday 29th July in Dulwich Park from 3pm. We'll be somewhere on the grass area in front of the Pavilion Cafe, hopefully near the line of trees and shrubs. There will be me, Mrs C and our little two-year old. all welcome, see you there...

citizen

might aim to be near the pavillion cafe too - just incase anyone's running low on supplies (plus there's loo's near there too aren't there?) guess we'll see you there - come and say hi, keep missing the forum drinks so would be good to meet some of you x