Best and worst first song at a wedding

Alan Dale

This is a spin off from the top ten song lyrics.

What was the best first song at a wedding you have been to?

What was the worst?

For me the best was Chumbawumba- I get knocked down but I get up again - it was a second marriage for both.

I think the worst is a toss up between Brian Adams Everything I do ( crap) and Freda Payne's Band of Gold (innappropriate).

i was a sad bastard i danced to "my cherie amour", even sadder than that i had contacted the group and rehearsed a song with them, so as the finale of the night i got up and sang "perfect day" to the missus, cue buckets full of tears from all the ladies present, whether it was because of the moment or whether it was because my singing was a bit painful i,ll never know.

My favourite wedding song story was a couple I know who decided they really couldn't be doing with a first dance and decided to go straight into the disco... unfortunately as Shaggy's It Wasn't Me came on the speakers a small crowd formed around the two of them and they were forced to dance and smile their way through the most inappropriate song ever.

Hubby and I exited the chapel with Bring me Sunshine from Morecombe and Wise ...

mockney piers Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I think I just stopped caring basically!!!!

>

> fwiw, I've been pondering on some JC (the proper

> one, Johnny Cash), possibly something soppy like

> "The One Rose"

My Nephew had that at his wedding recently.

I on the other hand had Dave Le Roth singing the Just a Gigolo/I Ain't got nobody melody. Highly inappropriate I'll grant you, but I was given the choice of the first song, and as I met my wife at Ceroc and we use to dance to this all the time, it seemed the best thing at the time.

(Singing)

Boozy Booozy Bop, Diddy-Bop

Iiiiiiiii Ain't got noo booody, NOBODY!......

(/Singing)

Sorry! It wasn't being entirely serious though.

Re weddings, I've been subjected to some pretty naff wedding first dances..Lionel Richie, 'Say You, Say Me' anyone? The dancing was prettty bad too. Another friend's future husband wanted 'Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now' at their wedding. She (not surprisingly) put her foot down. I quite liked Elvis 'The Wonder of You'.

My friend is getting married next summer and her hubby-to-be wanted The Prodigy's 'Smack My Bitch Up!'. She was not amused - they're going for a George Benson number instead! Anyway, I would like Stevie Wonder's 'Ribbon in the Sky' if I ever get married. Is that cheesy?

I?m getting married next year and my other half has chosen ?Wouldn?t it be Nice? as the first song. Or the one for when we are walking from the chapel to the garden where the reception is can?t quite remember.

It seems a little cheesy to me but I know better than to go having opinions about these thing.

I did jokingly suggest a song called ?I like Beer more than Girls? by my mate?s band ;-) ? Apparently I shouldn?t take the piss when the wedding is concerned. :-S