I see the Sex Pistols are reforming?.. again

Brendan

What?s wrong with flared trousers? I have a pair that I?m saving specially for the forum party on Friday! I never got the opportunity to wear them in the 70s and feel I missed out.

Anyway in 1990 when I was a morose teenager a kind family friend gave me a much listened to record in a tatty sleeve. It was called Never Mind the Bollocks and it had a major influence on how my musical tastes developed.

I was 19 in '77 and never got to see them at the time and I loved 'em when they came out. Never Mind The Bollocks is a phenomenal album. They were like a breath fresh air after all that boring prog shit that went before them. I got to see them in '96 in Finsbury Park though and believe me they were magnificent. I'm definitely up for seeing them again.

John Lydon's a great front man and always good for a laugh. I don't care if people think it's some sort of nostalgia trip for old punks. They were the only real punk band that mattered. They gave the music business a hugely deserved kick up the arse and are culturally vitally important to those times. They were it. So bollocks! I'm gonna get tickets if I can.

I was contemplating it and now that I?ve heard you say they were that good in ?96 I?m definitely going to.

So in the words of Fat Mike; ?Call me fat fuck geriatric punk rock. Give me stickers I deserve.?

? Even thought the only thing I did in ?77 was get born.

I daresay the Pistols' original fans are now working in the city and earning big bonuses.

The Thursday night gig in Brixton has sold out on pre-sale on both Ticketmaster and Ticketweb. My gut feeling is that Friday and Saturday nights will be added very quickly - so don't panic. There will be a frenzy tomorrow morning at 9.00am when the tickets go on sale - but don't waste your energy. Keep hitting "refresh" on your PC and hold out for the Friday and Saturday night gigs.

If you want to check the presale to see if more tickets are added today then go to www.ticketmaster.co.uk - the presale password is "Vacant".

giggirl Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I daresay the Pistols' original fans are now

> working in the city and earning big bonuses.

Not this one.

> The Thursday night gig in Brixton has sold out on

> pre-sale on both Ticketmaster and Ticketweb. My

> gut feeling is that Friday and Saturday nights

> will be added very quickly - so don't panic.

> There will be a frenzy tomorrow morning at 9.00am

> when the tickets go on sale - but don't waste your

> energy. Keep hitting "refresh" on your PC and

> hold out for the Friday and Saturday night gigs.

>

> If you want to check the presale to see if more

> tickets are added today then go to

> www.ticketmaster.co.uk - the presale password is

> "Vacant".

Thanks for the info update on this though giggirl. I'm hoping for Saturday night tickets if they materialise.

• 1 month later...