Keef, Amanda and Dulwich Mum

Alan Dale

These three individuals link from their posts back to their own blogs.

Keef and Amanda are not posting anonymously either -why do you chose to live so publicly?

What does everyone else think?

What's in it for them? What's in it for us?

Do any of you read them? What do you think?

Amanda is Chav With A Law Degree by the way.

After multiple edits I have inserted links below:

Keef

Amanda

Dulwichmum

I personally would guess that they aspire for celebrity status. Why don't you guys apply for next year's Big Brother?

It's an online diary.

Some blogs are worth finding time for:-

'It's usually mid-cycle when my ovaries are screaming, "fertilise me" and all I can think about is sex. So then, when I've had my fill (or managed to survive another month without!) I look at the self-satisfied man looking at me, and want to tell him, "your job is done, now piss off"! '

Something to chat about at the next drinks! Just hope that 12th is mid-cycle....

Brendan Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> My first guess would be that as none of them are

> prone to insulting insinuations so they don?t feel

> the need to hide behind a nom de plume when

> putting their thoughts up on the internet.

Amanda called Maurice a 'see you next Tuesday' over his council house comments. She then edited it down to tw@t I think.

So what's your second guess?

You should get out more Alan, you've obviously got too much time on your hands to be posting constantly on here and reading other people's blogs and then finding the time to slag them off.

I don't think they want to be famous. If someone wants to write a blog that is their own affair. Many people do.

I remember reading about Dulwichmum getting a publishing deal out of her blog in the South London Press and the very best of luck to her.

What's it to you anyway?

Perhaps they do want to be famous, nothing wrong with that. Perhaps they don?t, nothing wrong with that either. Perhaps they just want to put their thoughts down and see if anyone is interested.

Personally I would love to be well known for my writing. It is not one of the major motivators in my life but it would be nice.

Jah Lush Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> You should get out more Alan, you've obviously got

> too much time on your hands to be posting

> constantly on here and reading other people's

> blogs and then finding the time to slag them off.

> I don't think they want to be famous. If someone

> wants to write a blog that is their own affair.

> Many people do.

> I remember reading about Dulwichmum getting a

> publishing deal out of her blog in the South

> London Press and the very best of luck to her.

> What's it to you anyway?

I am full of admiration for the three bloggers. I find Amanda's blog incredibly interesting. I think DMum has been quite successful with what she is doing and whilst her blog doesn't grab my interest the way Amanda's does I can see why it might appeal to likemindeds.

Keef's is in its infancy but I will keep reading for now...

As to the whole 'what's it to you' reaction then I think you are being overly defensive of your pals JL. If someone writes a blog then surely they want people to read and discuss it. So that is what I'm doing.

Get out more! Love it.

Slagging people off for reading blogs and looking at the forum is a bit rich isn't it? Perhaps you forget where we are?

It is a bit minor celeb the blog world. We've one in SE5 who I happened to sit near a while back at a local restaurant. When someone stopped to speak then left, he said to his party 'I wish I could go out without being recognised'. I nearly lost my scallop.

Actually they aren't my pals although I have got to know Keef recently and fine chap he is too. I look forward to meeting the other two at the next Forum drinks if either of us turn up and introduce ourselves.

Fair enough though with the rest of what you say, why post a thread on it though? Are you suffering from blog envy? Perhaps you should start one of your own.

A blog I dip into from time to time is Landcroft House. It's about music and food, two of my favourite subjects. It's written in East Dulwich and would be interesting to most people in the area because local parks, places and restaurants get mentioned. Far from wanting to be famous from their writing i would suggest that the authors simply want to provide an oulet for their thoughts and musings. For this, Blogs are so much better than publishing in a tradtional sense. The fact that it is local is one of its attractions. You are not just listening to your neighbours, not just watching the local News or reading the SLP - you're getting an interesting independent opinion.

Citizen

Hee hee, great story Maurice, and very indicative of how bizarrely solipsistic this world has become.

Here are some facts and figures which put it all in perspective.

There are a LOT of blogs out there.

I'm guessing that once we get away from your huge blogs a la the boing boings/diggs/xkcds then you're looking about 8,000 hits a day for your big ones in this country, such as that idiot Guido Fawkes, maybe a few hundred for the likes of CD Times or Daily Dose of Imagery, down to a few dozen for your special-ist/technical blogs*.

The rest of them are read occasionally by mates, mums and/or nobody. So basically they're not doing any harm and if a few enjoy them then good stuff.

Occasionally you get a little success story like our very own Dulwichmum, and all you can do is say well done really.

I started one a while back for about 2 weeks, but it really was only links to stories, and 'I read the news today oh boy' probably serves the purpose much better.

*The useful ones ;)