This kissing business.

Brendan

hahahahahahaha! My friends and my family, we all kiss each other on the cheeks! Sometimes one cheek ( the English lot) and two cheeks to the other lot ( Turkish, French etc) but I don't kiss my bosses or the staff in my local sainsburys and shops even though I have spoken to them for years, they get a pat on the arm instead.

Nothing wrong with spreading a bit of lurve....;-)

Ant Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Pfeh - much less fun.

Perhaps for the suave and cool Ant but for the shy it is a whole world of awkwardness. Left or right first? 1 or 2? What if we both go different directions and end up getting the lips? Tongue or no tongue?

It?s a minefield I tell you! A bloody minefield!

Brendan Wrote:

> Ant Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Pfeh - much less fun.

>

> Perhaps for the suave and cool Ant but for the shy

> it is a whole world of awkwardness. Left or right

> first? 1 or 2? What if we both go different

> directions and end up getting the lips? Tongue or

> no tongue?

>

> It?s a minefield I tell you! A bloody minefield!

Just close your eyes, pucker up and just go for it, if you get a mouth that is a bonus!>:D<

I think they should teach it in schools, so the next generation are not as confused as this generation.:))

It is just difficult because now we have a mixture of different cultures, there is the different ways they do things, like the kissing on cheeks, and handshakes.

I remember when we used to be able to go in people's houses with shoes on, so matching your socks didn't matter, now I find we go to people's houses ( like my Turkish friends) and they demand you take your shoes off at the door, not good if it is wash day eh?

First thing my Irish dad-in-law said to me when I got off the plane to visit the holiday home in Turkey was, ?Brendan I?m just warning you now so you are prepared. Men are going to kiss you!?

I was quite relieved when I realised all he meant was that it was a normal local greeting.

Brendan Wrote:

> First thing my Irish dad-in-law said to me when I

> got off the plane to visit the holiday home in

> Turkey was, ?Brendan I?m just warning you now so

> you are prepared. Men are going to kiss you!?

>

> I was quite relieved when I realised all he meant

> was that it was a normal local greeting.

LMAO!! I remember when I went to Turkey when I was a wee little girl, more wee then now! and I was sure ALL the Turkish men were gay because they all kissed each other! It was only when I was in London and made Turkish friends that I realised it was normal, every Hakan, Tarkan and Erkan kissing you is normal. That and wearing horrible nasty slippers when you go in their houses.

I have longed waged war against indiscriminate kissing, especially when it comes to strangers. I offer a hand to anyone new I meet, and might kiss a woman or gay man if we get on especially well when we part. I just think it's false and is based not on warmth and friendship but out of confusion, embarrassment and not wanting to look out of place. So if we meet and I offer you a hand, don't be offended.

It is just difficult because now we have a mixture of different cultures - Er, that's that multiculturism for you. (Nothing wrong with multi-ethnicity, mind, but that's a different story.) Nero