moggymageddon

blinder999

There's only one thing worse than CATS wreaking havoc wherever they ROAM and that's BIRDS - tweeting and singing and ruining my DAY. Not to mention RAINBOWS.. oooh, don't get me started on them.. irritating, colourful little BLEEDERS.

mandatory neutering for all cats

exemption licencing for all non neutered cats

mandatory bells & collars

strays to be hunted down and neutered and then given the electric collar if no takers in a week

cat owners to be liable for any damage or problems caused by their animals ,ergo no hididng behind the " doing what is natural" exccuse beloved by owners of thsi desetstable and mercenary animals

bnasically taking responsibility rather than shirking responsibiity

interestingly the rise in cat keeping househoulds has echoed the decline of the UKs small bird population

I do agree that if you could provide photographic evidence that a cat has done damage to your garden, the owner should be legally obliged to pay for the damage.

I have nothing against cats, but at the end of the day, if it's a fox in the garden killing stuff and making a mess, people don't think it's so cute. (I love foxes by the way).

Ex hunt Sab

Vegi for 20 years

I dont even kill flies if at all possible - even mossies get a fair chance to escape before I have no choice.

Its right that cats do these things, but the fact that owners seem blisfully unable to accept reponsibility for their pets actions shocks me. As I said, no other animal owner could get away with this blinkered outlook ithout finding him/herself in trouble

"cats are free spirits" isnt much of a sop when your kids run into the house smeared in cat shite after having the cheek to use their own garden sand pit for playing in.

too many cats / too many owners unable to accept having a pet means responsibility for its actions - a cat is a prt time pet for many , not too much hassle and you can boot it outside whilst you are at work.

a very bad mindset to aquire

Mark Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> apart from a dog or a crow with a flick knife,

> what can I put in a garden to stop cats "being

> natural" in it.

We are currently 'road testing' Lion Poo Pellets (can't remember who recommended them - someone on here who was 'in the know')

downsouth Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I think it's a bit of overreaction to a not huge

> problem. By the way i too have a garden that some

> cats consider to be a large municipal latrine. Put

> some fresh pepper down and the cat won't put its

> behind down nor return to your garden for a while.

Pepper corns? Freshly milled?

I'd agree with a lot of those points, Snorks old chap. But unless you propose keeping all cats as housecats, I don't see that there's much that can be done by the owners to stop them pooing where they like.

Edit: apart from making them wear nappies, perhaps.

That cats, I mean. Not the owners.

If you condition your cat to only use a litter box when they are young then move the litter box into the garden, then after a while take the box away but put cat-litter down in area where the box was and gradually stop doing it ? the cat will then only use that part of the garden.

Okay I am totally biased here and it should also be noted tht I'm not much of a gardener but don't cats usually cover their faeces? They always seem quite modest that way. And certainly when I was growing up I played in a garden frequented by every cat within a ten mile radius (my mother encouraged every stray to visit) and I never ended up covered in s**t - actually bloody hell, can't kids just stick to Wii (no pun intended!)

yes they do seem to go through some kind of rudimentary covering process.

usually in the sand pit & round the edges of the tiny bit of lawn in the middle.

but this rudimentary covering pricess is more aesthtic than practical, meaning you do get coevred with their shit, as its literally beneath about 1mm of dried soil.

the kids love it tho - the smile on their faces are a joy to behold when they come running indoors, having stood in a stinking cat turd.

but we should acept it shouldnt we - cos its " natural" and cats are " free spirits".

Its "natural" for me to want to drive to the shops at 2AM when im too pissed to walk up LL for a bag of crips , 'cept Im sure the filth would quite rightly refuse to accept that as a legitimate reason when I smash into the window of the EDD and lie slumped over the wheel of my eminently sensible family car, surroudned by the window display debris of expensively boxed panchetta and ?2.00 pain au chocolate

bah!

lion poo it is then