What supernatural/seemingly supernatural things have you witnessed ?

KidKruger

I'm not an advocate of the supernatural by any stretch but there are some great stories.

What are your experiences? I'd be interested to know what YOU experienced, not your friend's dog's previous owner - but personal experience.

A few years ago, myself and some new friends did a ouija board, I didn't know the people very well as I was new in town, staying in a hostel for homeless. These guys didn't even know my surname let alone my personal stuff. Some words being spelt were very pertinent to the questions we were asking and I found it at the same time scary and very tiring. I bailed-out for a while and sat on a chair near the half-dozen people still participating.

I asked them to ask my Mother's name (she'd been dead a little while by then). There was some crazy movements from the glass then it spelt her name extremely quickly. I was dumfounded but never told them it was accurate, I then asked what country I was born, it got that right too. I don't care if there's supernatural or not but the experience was freaky. Never done it since though.

How about your story ?

My mum's next door neighbour was telling her and another neighbour who lives opposite about a little old woman that she walked in on one day in her home. She said the old woman was scurrying about from one room to another then just sort of disappeared. The opposite neigbour asked her to describe the old lady. Apparently she was very tiny, had white curly hair and walked with a hunched back. My mum and the neigbour knew straight away that it was Nell, a little old lady that had lived in this woman's flat prior to her for over 30 years but died about 5 years ago. The neighbour brought out a picture of a group of women that had been taken at a residential fete ten years ago and the neigbour pointed her out instantly.

Not sure kk if this is classed as supernatural, but this happen a few years back my mother and this particular neighbour Mr Ranson where friends not close friends they just use to chat about there gardens and that is what they had in common giving garden tips etc?? after a while my mum did not see Mr Ranson for a few months and started to wonder what had happen to him, she knocked at another neighbours door and asking if she has seen him, as my mother last spoke to him January 1990 the neighbour said to her it can?t be him you were talking to as he died in September 89.

My mother went a bit pale even for her complexion when she came home she told what had happen my mum was wondering who the hell was she talking to in the garden then. My grandmother said there, are things in this world you cannot always explain

I was a very sick child and one day when I was in bed at about the age of seven, I was very ill and could not breathe well, and I suddenly realised I was looking down on myself, from the ceiling. I floated around the ceiling and felt great because I could breathe, and felt so happy. But then I heard my Nan coming up the stairs with a cup of tea for me and I thought, "I have to get back", and the next thing I knew I was back in my own body and she came in to my room.

That'd be an out of body experience, then.

When I lived in Sydenham a few years ago - I went to the Newsagents one morning and there were two white vans with the words 'The Paranormal Express' on their sides, parked in the turning before the shop, after purchasing my paper and returning to the adjacent road both of the vans had vanished ! Spooky or what ?

When I was 11 my grandfather, who I was very close to, died. He had lived with us and he and my grandmother had their own living room within the house. After his death my grandmother spent more time in with us and their living room fell into disuse. My mum used it to store her ironing, the hoover etc.

One evening a couple of years later (when I was about 13) she was ironing in the kitchen and she sent me into that room to get the next ironing pile and some hangers. I opened the door and saw my grandfather sitting there in his usual chair smiling at me and tapping his foot as he used to do when he listened to his records (he was a drummer). I yelled and ran into my mum but when we both went back in there was no one there.

My mum has always claimed that it was my mind playing tricks as I wanted to see him again but something in the way he smiled at me has always made me think otherwise :-)

Okay this isn't paranormal, just weird. When I was about 10 maybe a little younger, my family and I went to stay with some family friends up north somewhere, I forget where. These friends had just moved into a huge old house, which they were having some work done on. I loved exploring that old house.

One day I was running around the outside of the house, playing with some other children. Along one side the house was virtually overgrown with ivy and tall bushes which I crept into to hide. I remember the wall feeling very cold and I looked up and saw a tiny window, far too high to reach, all grimy and dirty, set high up on the wall, hidden from view by the tall bushes and foliage growing up that side of the house.

Anyway, running in and out and around the house I pretty quickly got used to all the nooks and crannies of the place, and loved it. But something nagged me about this little window you couldn't see from the outside. And then I realised you couldn't see it from the inside either.

I had crawled all over that old house and never got to a place inside which corresponded with that tiny window. I mentioned it one morning and none of the owners of the house had seen it. I took them behind the bushes and pointed up at the tiny window, and they traced the wall around and we came to the kitchen. They determined that there must be some kind of hidden chamber behind the kitchen wall. Now they planned to completely redesign the kitchen anyway. And the owner of the house decided he would use a sledgehammer to break through the rear wall of the kitchen, where he thought this chamber might be, and open it up.

I remember watching excitedly as he set about smashing into the rear wall of the kitchen with a massive hammer. It took some time but after awhile he'd dislodged several bricks and began pulling them out until a reasonable hole had been made. We then peered in with a torch and saw this chamber. It was about twice the height of the kitchen, and comprised of an odd arrangement of walls at funny angles. More of a weird shaft than a room. High up on the outside wall was the tiny window, all grimy and dusty. But strangest of all was the fact that right in the middle of the floor of the chamber, was a tiny wooden, child's chair.

Many moons ago on Christmas eve,I was walking om my way to the Duncow pub via Catlin street in Rotherhithe.

It was snowing a fair bit.I smoked back then,and had to turn against the wind and snow to light my cigarette,just

before I did I noticed a women on the other side of the road.she had her head down but she was dressed in a coat and boots that looked like what they wore in the thirties.

I thought that was unusual and when I turned back to look,she had dissapeared.

There was nowhere she could have gone, the wall on either side of the road was twenty foot high as anyone whose been

down Catlin street would tell you.There were no gates or traffic she just vanished.

It was creepy.

I moved on very fast,

Many years ago as a young teenager in my small town in Ireland I was walking from a friends house by the river with another friend, I happened to look back and I saw a man with a long cape and big hat, and bagan to run my friend who is/was very level headed began to run soon after. It wasn't until I reached my home and she arrived a few minutes later that she agreed with me it was something very strange I believe I saw the devil that day why I don't know, but from a very small town we were able to know there were no fancy dress parties, it wasn't haloween it was very strange and I think of it rarely but remember being thoroughly scared and spooked and it's like he's always at my back.

PeckhamRose Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I was a very sick child and one day when I was in

> bed at about the age of seven, I was very ill and

> could not breathe well, and I suddenly realised I

> was looking down on myself, from the ceiling. I

> floated around the ceiling and felt great because

> I could breathe, and felt so happy. But then I

> heard my Nan coming up the stairs with a cup of

> tea for me and I thought, "I have to get back",

> and the next thing I knew I was back in my own

> body and she came in to my room.

>

> That'd be an out of body experience, then.

xxxxxx

And I always thought you were so cynical about stuff like this, PR :)

When I was a teenager,Iwas staying at a relatives old house,it was a very windy night,we were watching a film on the tv

called "The stranglers of Bombay". I was absorbed in this film as it was based on factual events.

When it was over I wanted to use the little office, but they had an outside toilet up the garden.

I went out in a high whistling type wind went in the loo in the dark as they had no light there.

As I was leaving I felt something round my neck.I shot out the door and as I did it got tighter on my throat

the wind howled I run faster it got tighter.

As I got in the door i found I had almost ten feet of Izal toilet roll trailing from my neck,the wind had entwined it

there.

I still feel embarrased amusement when I think of it.

I had a very horrible experience about twenty years ago.

Woke up feeling very strange and went to the Secret Garden garden centre in Crystal Palace in the hope being around some plants might make me feel better.

Put the car key in my pocket and was fiddling about with it while I looked at the plants.

When I went to get back into the car the key was so soft it just bent in half.

I managed to get it straight enough to open the door, but it wouldn't work the ignition.

Was in the days before mobiles, I had to phone my then partner from a phone box to come up with the spare key. He found me in floods of tears.

I've still got the key - always been meaning to get it looked at by a physicist or something. You can see the bend mark, but if you try and bend it it's solid as a normal car key and won't bend at all.

It happened to me again when I was working on a plant nursery years later and took some plants to a show for the owner - the key of the van bent, though not so badly. I had to stop keeping keys in my pocket.

Also had another strange experience with (another) car key which disappeared when I came out of a supermarket in Exeter. Looked everywhere, emptied my bag,looked under the car, asked in the shop if it had been handed in, etc etc. Again, my then partner (a different one) had to come out with the spare key.

The next day, I came out of my house,locked the door, went to put the front door key in my bag - and lying right on the top was my car key :-S

One of my brothers lost something very trivial but annoying - I think it was a bottle of hayfever pills or something like that.

He looked everywhere for it, couldn't find it.

One day weeks later he came home from work, went into his living room, and it was sitting in the middle of the room on the floor.

My daughter (who must be the most sceptical person in the world) came out of her flat at uni to find her bike had gone from where it had been chained up at the bottom of the stairs.

She assumed it had been stolen.

Weeks later, she came back one day to find her bike chained up exactly where it had been before - and with dust on, as if it had been there the whole time .....

My Mum bought an old upright piano and having never been taught to play she got a few instruction books and starting banging away for months.

Eventually she made up her own tune, using both hands, it was pretty catchy too.

One day she'd been playing all afternoon, we were going to the shops and stopped briefly on the drive while she looked through her handbag for something. I heard her tune playing in the spare room at the front of the house, near where we were stood outside, I smiled because it was a good tune. Then I realised with a horrible sense of fear that my Mum was stood by me getting frustrated about not finding her purse or whatever it was. The house was unoccupied. A noisy bus went past and we walked to the shops. I didn't say anything to Mum. A few months later she mentioned the piano playing her tune back then, she said she hadn't remarked in case it scared me. I said I'd heard it too.

She said she'd got p!ssed off with the darned piano doing that, it hadn't been the first time.

We had a lot of weird stuff happen in that house. All the older relatives, Grandparents and Great Aunts etc, would remark whenever they first arrived, that something was 'up'.