Wedding venues in this area

luke dogwalker

Hi all, after 20 years of being together, my partner and I are getting married next year. Does anyone have any ideas for a venue for the reception and or wedding. Its going to be close friends and family approx 70 people:)) any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Its not a big white wedding, the cheaper the better.

Thanks all(tu)

we got married in the old bar and gallery of a theatre in battersea - we hired it for ?50 (4 years ago). We had a crackpot humanist affair (so had to go and sign a register elesewhere) but it was great and really great not to be paying a fortune. We decorated the place with bunting and balloons and spent our cash on lovely food and wine.

What I mean to say is - do you need to have the "wedding" patr in the same venue - licensed venues are quite pricey (becasue they know their market). What about upsatairs at EDT or something - it looks pretty swish ....

good luck

I got married upstairs at the Trafalgar Tavern in Greenwich and I cannot recommend this enough. The staff there made the day go like clockwork and the food was fantastic. Private bar, enormous dance hall and beautiful surroundings. Don't be put off by advertised price either. I think ours came in at about ?7k less than their website indicates. They are booked up quite a lot so we went for a Thursday which made it possible to get the place and took about ?750 off the price! They have so many options for weddings it is untrue and can easily cater for 100 plus at the service and many many more in the evening! Sounds like I am working for them dunnit?

A work collegue is using Dulwich College (Library for the ceremony, Hall for the reception). It's pretty pricey and they've got a long waiting list - he's not getting hitched until next October - the first available slot at the time of booking about six weeks ago.