Any other hunters in East Dulwich?

Scribe

I have access to land in Kent where I have permission to rough shoot small game with an .22 air rifle. I mainly bag pigeons and rabbits. I also hunt deer and wild boar on the continent with a bow and on occasion a crossbow. Taste wise, nothing beats the taste of young, tender venison. I do not hold a firearms license; too lengthy a process and I prefer to take large game the old fashioned way.

I'm also fully insured with the BASC and I never trophy hunt; it's a pointless and an irredeemably disrespectful waste of meat. So, if anyone wants to swap details on available hunting grounds in the south-east, or can recommend some good estates where they accomodate bow hunters abroad, drop me a message or post the details on this thread.

Happy hunting.

Well, that depends, Ms Lileth.

If you're referring to the stalking and subsequent killing of an unteathered Cougar, then I'm afraid not, there's no material gain, only ego inflating destruction. Besides, I've already stated that I vehemently oppose trophy hunting.

If, on the other hand, you're alluding to the possibility of tracking and snaring a woman of advancing, yet so far uncruel, years with a view to possibly ravishing the comely vixen, then yes, that's prey I'm willing to consider.

No, I'm only interested in hunting animals that you can eat, and they are nigh on impossible to hunt conventionally, due to them having a vastly superior sensory advantage. Besides, wolves are a protected species in most of the European countries within my reach.

A friend of mine has land in Scotland and they hunt for rabbits and deer to eat, but they use their 6 lurchers to do the hunting for them. A big deer lasts for ages in their freezer but they have to butcher it before they freeze it.

I usually hate liver, but fresh rabbit livers from rabbits caught that morning taste amazing.

Thank you for breaking the immature trend, LadyDeliah.

I have investigated some of the low-land estates in Scotland online, solely for deer stalking with a group of friends. But it seems that the general rule is that the estate retains the venison to be sold to restaurants and the likes of Franklins. This doesn't appeal to me, as my sole concern is the harvesting of edible game. Besides, I prefer to hunt with either a primitive or compound bow (which, thanks to the animal-rights vigilantes, is no longer legal in the UK); not a full-bore rifle. Oh and, yes, a big deer certainly lasts a long time. But, alas, I don't own a trunk freezer, so distribute what won't fit to friends and family. And besides, I usually stalk doe.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Annette Curtain Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Does anyone hunt with a Javelin these days, no ?

>

> Discus ?

>

> Ok, then at least a 3 pronged trident ?

Oh God, you've just reminded me of something horrible. An allotment friend of mine once (accidentally) killed a (nesting) rat with his pitchfork. He was turning over his compost heap. Never saw him run as fast as he did on that day (my friend - not the rat).

Captain Scarlet Wrote:

> Cannot abide hunting........how about we stick a

> target on your back and hunt you?

I don't like football, cricket or golf so you won't see me bothering with those topics on here. If you want a debate on whether hunting is right or wrong, there's probably one in the drawing room.

Scribe - don't bother with those twee Scottish lowland estates for the tourists. Get yourself further up north and to the rugged western highlands if you are really serious.

Not at all...you hunt for personal taste which is worse!.must be really nice of you to shoot a bore with a cross bow.You must feel really fulfilled with yourself.

I bet you would also like to do a bit of seal pup killing as well?.

I am more then happy to discuss this topic with you in person at the next EDF drink.

Katie, thank you for assuming an impartial stance. But as I've previously said/written, I prefer to take large game with either a compound or primitive bow, not with a gun. I don't have a license. This means I have to travel to the continent to enjoy my sport, although I have stalked deer with a gun in Scotland and the north of England before. I'll have a look around some of the sites based in the Highlands.

Captain Scarlet, I am entitled to hunt with a bow or whatever means that are legally permisable, and I do. I can't stand judgemental people such as yourself who snatch at any opportunity you can reach to attack the hunting community. Besides, where have I said/written that I do or am interested in hunting with dogs?

Captain Scarlet Wrote:

> Not at all...you hunt for personal taste which is

> worse!.must be really nice of you to shoot a bore

> with a cross bow.You must feel really fulfilled

> with yourself.

Can I shoot some bores at the edf drinks?

> I bet you would also like to do a bit of seal pup

> killing as well?.

You're being emotive and putting words into people's mouths too (straw man anyone?)

> I am more then happy to discuss this topic with

> you in person at the next EDF drink.

*shoots self*

PS sorry Scribe, didn't read the post properly before making that suggestion. You may get some sense but unlikely. Right I'm off to the gambling thread (not really)...

Again, pure, desperate supposition. I've never, although I have been invited, clubbed seals. I'm not interested, as there's no sport in attacking - not hunting - a creature that is largely immobile on land. I have no desire to meet you, as you probably smell and have moss growing out of your arse. But I will ask you again. Where did I say/write that I was interested in hunting with dogs? You can, of course, admit that you were clutching at straws and that no such interest was displayed by myself, or others for that matter.

P.s. It's spelt boar, not "bore", you pillock.

No, I'm not sick. Are you stupid? As gathering-up all those free-range chickens I keep hearling about and seeing advertised in shop windows along Lordship Lane is technically hunting. So, how on earth do you all live with yourselves?