Egg Throwing on Lordship Lane!

Jimbo

Last night(on Lordship Lane) I was hit by an egg (not hard boiled) that someone had thrown from a passing car?? It struck me on the back of leg but luckily didn?t break until it landed on the pavement. Has anyone else been caught out by this rather unfunny prank?

Judging by the colour of the yolk I fear they are using battery eggs?..

A few years ago I was walking back home after an evening class and a car went by and two eggs were pelted at me, one wizzed past my arm and the other through my walking stride - so close it was like the 'divine intervention' in Pulp Fiction

A couple of mates jogging a few days later were not so lucky - I felt even more smug...

Last year I was riding my motorbike through Bellenden 'village' when some youth threw a tennis ball at me from across the road. It bounced square off the top of my helmet. Initially I was insensed, but afterwards I had to admit, it was a good shot. They were laughing their balls off, so to speak.

I was hitching a lift at the blue house roundabout from Newcastle going north, a car slowed right down and the window wound down. 'where you going to mate?' I leant over close to the driver to speak and he spat a huge great greeny right in the middle of my face. The car raced off with the occupants whooping and wailing with glee.

Now that really was funny.

I had kids pelting eggs at me from a 176 bus a few months back. Thankfully 3 missed completely, and the other hit the back of my leg, but didn't break. Bloody stung though!

Of course I didn't break stride so as not to lose my cred :-S

Jeremy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

Glad you could see the

> funny side Barry, but expect you're in the

> minority!

It was funny only becuase the egg didn't break ... had it left me in an eggy mess I daresay I'd have been fuming. :X

Also when I was a kid I, er, did things like that and for me to become Mr Righteous Indignation would be a tad hypocritical :-$

Me and my mate were just walking down the street one lunchtime and it took me by surprise. The guys in the car stopped at a traffic lights a little further down the road and my mate wanted to run for them and give them a good hiding. I'm a wuss when it comes to such things tho.

One evening, several years ago, during a very drunken game of Treasure Hunt in Soho I threw an egg, jokingly at my boss. It was an excellent shot, right between the eyes, but with such force that the eggshell cut his forehead quiter badly. So bad in fact that he was taken to nearby UCH and had 5 stitches. I was arrested and charged with assault and got a 3 month suspended sentence and 48 hours community service! I can't even look at an Easter egg now!