Dead people who posted on the forum

Alan Dale

Given the popularity of the forum there is a good chance that there are people who have accounts but have now died.

If this is not yet the case then it certainly will be in future.

I personally find it a bit weird to think that all of my posts will sit here in cyberspace after I've gone.

Anyone else bothered by this?

I think if I ever get terminally ill I will go back and delete everything or if I die suddenly I will leave details of my log ins to a trusted friend to delete.

Would hate to think that my kids might read the insensitive and argumentative ramblings of Alan Dale and think they knew a bit more about their Dad...

Needless to say Sean Mac could leave his posts forever and pass them down from one saintly generation to the next...

No perhaps about it. I'm sure that when he's full of ale is a total nutter.

I certainly wouldn't be telling him to put his Guardian in the bin at 11.30pm in the CPT. He'd rip my head off. Psycho Sean they call him.

I know what you mean about Mockney. He's wiry and swarthy like a Romany wrestler. Between the two of them they would knock the sh:t out of me then post pictures on flickr to gloat.

So what are you going to do about your cyberghost *Bob*?

nb can someone put cyberghost on to wikipedia for me...

I still have the numbers of a couple of dead friends in my phone (one suicide, one 7/7 victim). I was going to delete them but when it came-up saying 'Delete Y/N' it seemed inconsiderate to press Y.

Which is stupid, seeing as they're.. you know.. deleted.

Alan Dale Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Di you know him too then Asset?

I hope not, because that means Asset knows me. Which means I have to spend the whole day editing my posts so that they're only factual, complimentary or sympathetic.

*Bob* Wrote:

> He was in unmanageable pain (after an accident)

> which no-one seemed to be able to diagnose the

> source of - let alone treat.

>

> He'd had enough. It wasn't a cry for help.

An honourable death.

Alan Dale Wrote:

> An honourable death.

That just made me think ofthis programme about 9/11 "The Falling Man", in which certain very very simple little rednecks were saying that those who had jumped from the (very very hot and unstable towers) were burning in Hell and took the cowards way out. F**king knobs

Anyway, I tried changing my name to protect my identity a bit more (for those reading in the future), and was bullied in to changing it back. Luckily though, my kids would just see what an incredibly cool and witty guy their dad was :-S

Oh deat.

I post from 'Camberhell'.

Anyway - anyone else got any good death stories. I liked the one about *Bob*'s mate's hare kare.

Has there been an update on that guy who did a Reggie Perrin. I hope to do that one day. I have an escape fund and everything. I'm going to go and live in Zipolite for 5 years tehn come back and feign memory loss.

I'll meet you there if you want..

Is that invite *Bob* specific?

Several years ago a friend of mine living in Camden was expecting her elderly mother to join her and her husband on Christmas Day. When the doorbell rang it was a rather distraught mini cab driver. Her mother had died during the journey.