Blade Runner the final cut

mightyroar

I went to see this last night in all it's retro future technicolour glory. Lovely

Harrison Ford looks disturbingly young though.

and some things I failed to notice the first 300 times:

Dekkerd's shirts- good god they are terrible.

The irises all shining - that must be new?

before i go on.......does anyone else here care?

and is he one or isnt he? that's what i really want to discuss

so good to see it in full technicolour on the big big sreen.

the film is v different from the book though.

I think he is too,

but still....why does he feel his injuries so much? and why is he not as good at fighting and jumping than the others?

Is he a special 'crappy old cop' model?

he can have the cash. I dont mind.

So what was new?

the moving photo from rachel's 'memories'? that was in the directors cut too i thought?

I agree, he soo is one.

but why he is he so crap at jumping and fighting? and choosing shirts?

is he another nexus6? or maybe he's a 5?

The book is a must-read, on the first read you may hate it, but a second reading helps put everything into perspective. Rudy Rucker put out some pretty funky material along similar lines, his Wetware books may melt your brain a bit, I suppose he was on mescaline while writing but are a great companion to Do Androids...I had a most enviable collection of sci-fi and cyberpunk from that period up till say 1990 but gave all my fiction away some years ago when I hit 30. I figured half my life is over so better to dedicate it to learning instead ;-) .

This remake got a cinematic showing in the states, but for some reason a lot of places didn't end up screening it...Would be great at the Imax or Sunset House (is that right? The tax office place with the ice rink in winter).

If you've ever been to Shibuya or read a fair few French pilled up fantasy comics you'll see where Syd Mead found a lot of his inspiration..

I look forward to the release of 'Blade Runner - The Final Cut (Revised)' (due out in 2009) followed swiftly be the re-release of the original '82 print, now rebranded as 'Blade Runner - The Classic Cut'.

I love this film. But this is bollocks of the highest order.

> I love this film. But this is bollocks of the

> highest order.

I thought the Director's Cut was an improvement on the original, but this is just milking it. Do the new effects look completely out of place (like in the patched-up Star Wars movies)?

>If you've ever been to Shibuya or read a fair few French pilled up fantasy comics you'll see where Syd Mead found a lot of his inspiration

Ridley Scott says he was inpired by Hartlepool!Unflattering film credit for Hartlepool

If you'd like to see more of Shibuya on film, do check out this great show: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Sh15uya

I enjoyed it, and has some great music to boot.Especially reccomended if you liked the (criminally overlooked) Dark City, itself "inspired" by an old series http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megazone_23 along with some late 70s cyberpunk.