Oh no! Not another thread about Foxtons! (another letter)

waste warrior

Look I'm sorry everyone for starting yet another thread about Foxtons but I've seen red. I'm usually a calm and serene sort of person and this is a very trivial thing to get mad about but this is too much! This morning I received yet another letter from stupid Foxtons saying that they're looking for properties in the area blah, blah, blah. I wouldn't mind so much but this is about the 5th letter I've received from them. Each time I've asked sent the letter back and asked them to remove my address from the mailing list but to no avail. Why do they keep sending me these stupid letters when I so patently asked them not to send me them??? I think this just encapsulates their whole laisez faire attitude and utter disregard for local feeling. I fucking hate Foxtons with their stupid bloody cars and their ridiculous power sapping hideous office populated by stupid people. Why do they need to keep their lights on all night? They wouldn't be as objectionable if they made some sort of concession to the views of local people (without meaning to sound too League of Gentlemen). Help - I'm getting excessively worked up about an estate agent!!!

It's amazing.. just as the last Foxtons-slagfest thread dips out of view, along comes another first time poster to start another one off. Right on time, wheeling out all the same old stuff from the previous threads.

Thanks for that, Waste Warrior. Now that you're off the mark, I look forward to reading the numerous contributions to non-Foxtons threads you will surely be making in the months and years to come.

Have mercy *Bob*. This is my first ever posting and I did apologise in the first sentence.

By the by, this is a public forum isn't it and the users can decide what they want to discuss? If you know the thread is going to annoy you then don't read it! No-one's forcing you to!

Dear Waste Warrior. I for one enjoy the continually repetitive Foxotn?s threads if only for the entertainment value in the exasperated reactions from everyone else.

Anyway welcome to the forum. Careful though, it is very addictive and soon you may get so engrossed that you?re too busy thinking up limericks and top ten lists to even care about Foxton?s.

Over the last year, Disgusted Of East Dulwich has complained about all sorts of newcomers - White Stuff, Caffe Nero, Jojo Maman Bebe, Mrs Robinson, the list goes on. By and large, those threads have died down as most people begin to accept that there's a place in SE22 for these new shops. But anti-Foxton feeling is on a different scale, mainly because as a business they are on a different scale too (just like a cuckoo in a robin's nest, an analogy I have used before). If anti-Foxton threads disappear, it will be a sign that they and their out-sized, over-illuminated, excessively-vehicled office has been accepted in the area. So I hope threads like this one run and run and run, however repetitive they become. By the way, did I mention that I can't stand Foxtons?

barrymarshall Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It's called C-A-P-I-T-A-L-I-S-M folks ... By

> making ED into a desirable and cool area,

> residents and retailers (unwittingly, for sure)

> attract the big boys, whether you like it or not.

> It is the logical consequence of living in an

> advanced capitalist consumer society.

Doesn't mean I have to like it. :'(

Wouldn't it just be easier to just torch the place? Everyone hates it and their bloody cars, everyone hates topics about the place clogging the forum up, so get the pitchforks and petrol bombs out and burn it with fire!

Alternatively the East Dulwich Bag design could have a line saying "Against bloody estate agent cars and ponces in cheap suits and bad haircuts" on it?

Well, isn't there room for the ED resident who doesn't mind the rising prosperity of the area bringing new shops (oh shucks, surely not another ancient chippy / betting shops closed down) but does object to an estate agent the size of a supermarket whose frontage dominates and crushes the look of LL, and which is notorious for its overpricing and bad mannered employees? There's chains and then there's Foxtons. And I will never, never, never, never give them a penny of my money, nor buy anything from them. If other people don't feel the same way, I guess they will vote with their feet.