Welcome to the CGF!..

red devil

RosieH is not amused her knitted cupcakes and vanilla slices failed to impress the judges at yesterdays Friends of Peckham Rye Fete's Britain's Got Talent competition... ''Damn those pesky dancing dogs!''

http://www.theprezzyshop.co.uk/camberwick_green/camberwick_green_images/cg76.jpg

The mystery of the missing Lordship Lane post has been solved...Postie has been giving that nice lady who serves behind the counter at the East Dulwich Deli, her own special first class delivery service...allegedly

http://www.theprezzyshop.co.uk/camberwick_green/camberwick_green_images/cgs05.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Actually that supposes too convoluted a motive for them. Cash and cash handling costs money, including maintenance, stocking and providing cash machines; fully electronic transactions are far cheaper and more cost effective. It's about costs, mainly. 
    • Just had a carpets cleaned by Steve Nourse and his colleague at short notice. They are lovely guys and the cleaning was quick and carpets look great. Good value. 
    • Looking for tickets for 2 adults one child under 2 and one child over 2. However, please let me know if you have any combination of tickets you are no longer able to use.  Thanks 07756110500
    • all I said was "take a pro cash stance too far" - what twisting have I done?   plenty of good arguments for retention of cash - but let's not get too detached from reality either lest we go back to trading livestock   But to go back to your post DD:   "Or don't stop using cash" Yep plenty of people will agree with this - nothing controversial here   "Stop using your phone or even your watch as a banknote" - getting a bit weird now - why not - it's super convenient for both users and businesses. And far easier to keep a track of your balance using your electronic wallet than old systems of cheques taking days to clear, how much did I take from cashpoint 2 days ago etc. But people will differ so whatever works   "God only knows how much damage we're doing to the planet because all the above must require a hell of a lot of resources and juice from the grid" - big straw man argument here. Why bring this in? Unless you are also suggesting we don't buy any goods not made from within a 5 mile radius and nothing transported by air or sea? "a big lump of plastic with a screen and full of personal information that can be easily gleamed." I've had my phone stolen but nothing was lost because it was secure.I've been mugged and lost cash and valuable. It's not a binary thing   "your sky rocket with a phone in your hand. It's become a source of dopamine for many. It's an addiction for many."  Proper overreaching now There is a reason people like their modern phones - and it isn't just replacing cash. Replacing all of these functions in a tiny device is a magnificent achievement and to just boil  it down to "big lump with a screen" is reductive in the extreme  
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In