Everwarm

andrew-lynch

Has anyone had Everwarm around to their house offering free loft insulation? I had my loft checked and was told I qualified for free insulation. Arranged a date last week, cleared the loft... ...but they never showed up, rescheduled but they never showed up again! Supposed to come today. All seems above board on their website - http://www.everwarmgroup.com/ - and there's some good reviews online but I'm no longer convinced... Has anyone dealt with them / had a positive experience?

There are many Scams involving Loft Insulation..

Companies will tell you that you qualify for free Loft Insulation.

They will do the work and then charge you. They give you reciepts and a form that you send to your

Local Authority to claim your 100% refund.

That's where the problem starts.

You need to Double Check with your Local Authority first that you qualify.

Rules may differ from area to area and althogh yo may qualify for a intrest free loan or a Grant,

100% schemes have date limits and only available whilst funds are available.

Be Very careful before signing any agreement.

Fox.

Thanks, I contacted the Energy Saving Trust and they said it was all above board, the government (not Southwark) was trying to cut CO2 emissions with loft insulation and cavity walls. - Instead of getting fines from the EU for not meeting targets. They came and did the job today. Energy Saving Trust were very helpful. So good so far.