Purplebricks vs high street agent advice

Somerset

Hi as the title says, what's the deal with Purplebricks vs a high street traditional agent? Any experiences?

For a full Purplebricks service, it seems like it's just shy of ?2k to sell in London while the traditional agents are at 1% and then VAT.

Seems too good to be true? I want the least amount of hassle and with our place, it's very very marketable and I think will sell in a week.

Any advice welcome please!

I only had experience with Purplebricks when letting our place out, not selling. But FWIW:

+:

Definitely cheaper;

Even though it's an online agency, the PB rep lady we were dealing with was local and knowledgeable about properties in the area.

-:

Our PB agent was doing this part time (not sure if this is how most of them are), so we felt we did not get enough attention to market and let our property out quickly. We had no viewings in the few weeks we advertised with them - it may have to do with our property of course (if yours is as hotcakes as you're describing it, you may not have that problem) but when we finally decided to advertise ourselves, we did get interest and let it out quickly.

So, my take is: if you think there will be a lot of demand for your place, PB may well be a cost-effective solution. For "harder" sells/lets, a traditional agent might have an edge, albeit at a price.

Archived