We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

www.takeflightacademy.co.uk

http://avakitchens.co.uk

Glazer Delmar

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your builder, plumber, electrician or carpenter?
messageAdvice for vulnerable and extremely vulnerable tenants
Posted by spoiledtalent June 29, 06:28PM

Hello
I was wondering if any solicitor or responsible local landlord or letting agent has any advice to share for vulnerable lodgers and tenants dealing with landlords' requests to allow viewings for possible sale of the house?
I am not extremely vulnerable but I am in the vulnerable category because I have an immune system compromised with chronic disease, not taking immunosuppressant but I normally need to wipe and disinfect everything and sometimes I get bacterial infections from the most innocuous things such as going to the pub or travelling two hours in friends' cars or using other people bathrooms. So far I have been doing well with self isolation and physical distancing and got very kind adjustments at work.
Thank you very much

messageRe: Advice for vulnerable and extremely vulnerable tenants
Posted by SpringTime July 01, 12:02PM

You might already know this but you should have at least 24 hours' notice prior to a viewing, and if there's inadequate space in the property the agent shouldn't be bringing in too many people (including him/herself) at any one time. You should tell them this if they're not already playing ball. No visitors should be touching anything and all visitors, including the agent should be equipped with hand gel, masks and gloves. If the agent and or visitors don't adhere to the TPO guidance then cease their activities and complain to the relevant parties in writing (that's the landlord, letting and or selling agent). Also, if you feel at all ill then no one should be coming in whatsoever. And I'd advise your vacating just for the few minutes in which a viewing should take place, and asking the agent to provide the relevant supplies for cleaning etc.

[www.tpos.co.uk]

messageRe: Advice for vulnerable and extremely vulnerable tenants
Posted by womanofdulwich July 01, 02:46PM

Your landlord could get a video your done?

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum